Cheap Madrid Option

Posted by: alix_day

Cheap Madrid Option - 02/04/04 12:05 PM

Thanks for all the brilliant information on this site. Looks like there are many options in terms of where to stay. I have a lower budget. I will be in Madrid for a week early March and was looking for something under 30 euros. Safe and clean is about all I am concerned with.

Can anyone make any suggestions?

Thanks, Alx.
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Cheap Madrid Option - 02/04/04 12:45 PM

Do you require your own private bathroom? If not, I believe Hostal López has a single room with shared bathroom. I don't believe they advertise it but it should be less than 30 Euros. Email or call them for exact price. The only unfortunate thing is I believe this room is located right off the reception room and these zones can be a noisy areas at times with all the coming and going of guests. This one is located in the Huertas neighborhood on a pedestrian street.

I also believe that Hostal Chelo may have one of these single rooms with shared bathrooms as well. It's not advertised on their site but I believe they have one available for under 30 Euros. I think this room is farther away from the reception area. Send English-speaking Antonio an email there and ask. This one is located just north of Gran Vía.

Anyone else have other suggestions? Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: alix_day

Re: Cheap Madrid Option - 02/12/04 12:15 PM

thanks madrid man.. i havent heard back from either places in response to my email. but i still appreciate your kind help!