Madrid: hostal in Salamanca/Castellana?

Posted by: leuci

Madrid: hostal in Salamanca/Castellana? - 12/10/03 01:01 PM

Aside from H-R Don Diego, does anybody have suggestions for hostales in this area? By the way, the link for Hostal Salamanca on this site is dead; I did a search, and the website seems to have vanished. Have found phone number elsewhere, but don't want to book without seeing photos or receiving personal recommendations. Thanks for your help!
Posted by: eduardo

Re: Madrid: hostal in Salamanca/Castellana? - 12/10/03 06:30 PM

I don't think this is the neighborhood for hostales. You'd be lucky to find even a few three-star hotels, though there are some here. If price is your criteria, stay somewhere else and commute to Salamanca/Castellana. Costs about 50 cents on the Metro/bus if you get the bono. Or walk. I do all the time.
Posted by: leuci

Re: Madrid: hostal in Salamanca/Castellana? - 12/11/03 08:59 AM

Actually, I stayed at a 3-star there a couple of weeks ago (NH Balboa), since I got a very good Web deal. But no discounts available this time. I know that most hostales are not in this neighborhood, but this is indeed the neighborhood I need to be in, hence my question. I've found what appears to be a decent 2-star hotel, and that's what I'll go with. Thanks anyway.