Linens in Hostals?

Posted by: Amy11

Linens in Hostals? - 11/14/03 02:37 PM

My boyfriend and i will be staying at the Hostal Bianco in Madrid and Hostal San Remo in Barcelona.
confused In most cases, should we pack the extras such as towels and bed sheets?

Upon return, i will post my findings.
Thank you,
Amy
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Linens in Hostals? - 11/14/03 02:53 PM

No, you don't. You'd need them in youth hostels or extremely low quality ones only. Even one-star "hostales" have sheets. smile

Re: Linens in Hostals? - 11/14/03 03:11 PM

thank you. i just thought it odd, because some of the hostals we were looking at noted that they included bed sheets, made me think that perhaps that was not an included luxury, LOL.
thank you!
amy
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Linens in Hostals? - 11/14/03 03:35 PM

Yes. "What he said". smile

In youth-hostels (called "albergue juveniles") you sometimes (although it's less and less common) need to take your own sheets (or "sleep sheet") and sometimes even your own towels but in hostels ("hostales" - the word "hostals" is a catalán word for the castilian word "hostales" which is the Spanish translation to the English word "hostels" - not to be confused with YOUTH-hostels which is, once again, called "albergues juveniles". Whew! I know. I know. rolleyes ) they provide the sheets, blankets, towels, and sometimes - not often - your hand soaps for the bathroom. These sheets and towels are typically changed daily between the hours of 2-5pm.

When you return would you please give us your reviews of the above two you're considering? Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Linens in Hostals? - 11/14/03 04:50 PM

MadridMan, considering nothing, we are already paid for :p .

me and my man have booked and are gonna be there during Thanksgiving weekend, with that being said: Thank you one and all for all assistance and information with me and my boyfriend setting up and planning our trip.

and yes i will wholeheartedly give my reviews for those hostals as well as the hotel we are staying at in Seville.

thank you,
amy
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Linens in Hostals? - 02/17/04 07:23 PM

Amy11 wrote:
Quote:
and yes i will wholeheartedly give my reviews for those hostals as well as the hotel we are staying at in Seville.
Okay Amy11. You promised!! Now it's time to deliver. Where are those reviews? smile We have someone asking about Hostal San Remo in Barcelona. Hope you get this!

Saludos, MadridMan