Madrid:Hostal Puerta del Sol?

Posted by: BojiBoy70

Madrid:Hostal Puerta del Sol? - 10/06/03 11:13 AM

Will be traveling to Madrid in January via Africa. Am thinking of staying at Hostal Puerta Del Sol . Any comments would sure be appreciated.
Returning I am thinking of heading over to Barcelona for a few days. How warm will it be there later part of January? Would you look further south at Alacante for warmer weather at that time? Any suggestions would be appreciated. And btw, I will be asking about lodging elsewhere, when I get that far. smile
Thanks Much!
gar
Posted by: mick nick

Re: Madrid:Hostal Puerta del Sol? - 10/06/03 01:58 PM

Mid/late January eh? Brrrrrrrrrrrr. About -5 deg overnight. Just above freezing during the day, but bright sunny and better than home! You might need more clothes than the boys at the hostal use.
Posted by: chez123

Re: Madrid:Hostal Puerta del Sol? - 10/09/03 02:59 PM

i agree barcelona can be chilly in january especially at night,day time can be sunny but cool.if you want warmth best go south .i have been to alicante in november it was lovely and warm also malaga in march was hot.i think at that time of year it can rain anywhere in spain.
Posted by: BojiBoy70

Re: Madrid:Hostal Puerta del Sol? - 10/09/03 05:24 PM

Thanks for your suggestions/reply's. Being from the midwest in the US, I'm use to very cold weather, however ... returning from west africa (visiting my daughter in the Peace Corps and treking with her to Mali) back to Spain, I'm sure I will notice the cool weather. I still am shuffling my feet as to where to stay, and where to take a short side-trip. Should I add, what to pack?!?!?! lol
This is a very helpful site Madrid Man ... for those of us, first time over seas travelers ...
so informative. Again, thank you for your dedication. I look very forward to visiting your country. smile