Madrid: in puerta del sol?

Posted by: beckham

Madrid: in puerta del sol? - 08/08/03 05:48 AM

Hi All

To save me some time searching
Any suggestions/exeperiences on accomodation in puerta del sol. I stayed there in the hostal cantabrico last year and would like a change for my trip in Oct
Becks
Posted by: gazpacho

Re: Madrid: in puerta del sol? - 08/08/03 09:21 AM

Hi Beckham,

I tried to email you, but the email I sent with some more information about Hospedaje Madrid was bounced back. Hospedaje Madrid is only with a short walking distance from Puerta del Sol. You can see it from the entrance. Were you able to get a reservation?
Posted by: beckham

Re: Madrid: in puerta del sol? - 08/10/03 11:47 AM

Hi Gazpacho
Thanks for your post,I have not made a reservation yet as I am still unsure what dates I will be travelling on but the Hospedaje Madrid would be a nice place to stay
I have updated my e-mail address , sorry the other one is old
beckham
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madrid: in puerta del sol? - 08/10/03 12:33 PM

beckham, I've stayed at and can recommend Hostal Aresol , just a stone's throw WEST of the Puerta del Sol. You can see the Comunidad de Madrid building from its front balconies, in fact.

I can also personally recomend Hostal Oporto , east of the Puerta del Sol and a little east of the Plaza de Canalejas and behind the parliament building (Congreso de los Diputados).

And while I haven't stayed there personally, I have toured and have read lots of positive buzz here about Hostal Adriano which is just south of the Puerta del Sol and in a lively area of the old center with lots of bars, restaurants, a few pedestrian streets. It's a nice place!

Let's see... what else.... There are SO many choices, really. Anyone else?

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: ToniG

Re: Madrid: in puerta del sol? - 08/12/03 11:06 AM

Note that the Hostal Aresol won't answer email in August!! It doesn't appear that you can even check availability, well for a couple weeks or so... eek