Hostals/pensiones Sevilla

Posted by: Bartman

Hostals/pensiones Sevilla - 08/04/03 08:02 AM

Hi all,

Which hostals or pensiones could be recommended in Sevilla ?
Posted by: La Sorpresa

Re: Hostals/pensiones Sevilla - 08/04/03 09:29 AM

I really like the Hostal Nevada on Calle Gamazo, 28. It is centrally located (3 blocks from the plaza de toros)with 2-3 really nice restaurants on the same tiny street. I have stayed there 3 times and it run by a very nice family. The last time I was there was 2 years ago, and it was pretty cheap. I don't know if that is still the case. WARNING - every time I try to find it, I spend 1/2 hour circling the city. Gamazo has to be one of the shortest streets in Seville and the neighborhood is full of one-way streets that are always pointing the opposite way that I need to go!

The restaurant that is closest to the Hostal (can't remember the name)was EXCELLENT. They have a small bar in the front with tables in the back. Whether you go for tapas or a full meal you will not be disappionted. Each morning I would see the owner in the window slicing bacalao into paper thin slices, setting them atop roe, and then drizzling with olive oil and lemon juice. I ate this every day I was in seville. Also, they have some excellent grilled meats. Can you tell I am passionate about Seville???
Posted by: aidance

Re: Hostals/pensiones Sevilla - 08/05/03 04:08 PM

We just got back from Spain last week. I highly recommend Hotel Zurbaran, Mariana De Pineda, 10, 41004 Sevilla. Tel/fax 954210646, email hostalp@arrakis.es . We had a lovely, huge triple room with a/c and a huge bathroom for 68 euros. (48 for a double). The hotel is decorated beautifully with faux finish walls, nice furniture. There is a hair dryer in the bathroom, and a safe in the room. Ask for a room with an exterior window. It's on a pedestrian street near the Puerta Jerez in the Barrio Santa Cruz. They don't take credit cards. We had other friends in Seville at the same time, all staying in different hostals, and ours was by far the best. Enjoy!
Posted by: Sofia

Re: Hostals/pensiones Sevilla - 08/06/03 01:16 PM

If you are carefree enough to let yourself arrive in Sevilla without a reservation, I had very good luck at the RENFE train station called Santa Justa. We arrived in Sevilla unexpectedly because every room in Madrid was sold out and we had no reservation (it was February and Madrid was celebrating Feria de Arcos). There is a booth at Santa Justa where you go to request a hotel room. They did not charge a fee. I asked if Hotel Murillo was available. The lady in the booth called and was unable to get us a room. She sent us to another place Hostal Doņa Lina, which was in the same neighborhood as the Murillo. We loved the place she sent us!

After three nights at the Doņa Lina, we thought to move to a different place just for variety. We checked out one or two places, but they were not nearly as nice. We stayed longer at the Doņa Lina.

We are guilty of often traveling without reservations. We travel in the winter months, and once our plane was unable to take off. Now, I book the flight but sometimes leave the room to chance.

Sevilla has many good lodgings. There are lots of reviews posted about this topic if you search here at the MadridMan site. I've posted and read others.