Madrid:HOSTAL MARTIN- Feedback Please!

Posted by: kappa4life

Madrid:HOSTAL MARTIN- Feedback Please! - 07/16/03 05:23 PM

I am traveling to Madrid in September and from many of the comments of people on this board, I am considering staying at Hostal Martin . I am now trying to gather some more recent information on the Hostal Madrid so I can go ahead and make a decision. Any comments about the Hostal would be greatly appreciated. Also if you have any suggestions of Hostels that are in the same area as the Martin that would be a better place to stay, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madrid:HOSTAL MARTIN- Feedback Please! - 07/16/03 09:13 PM

Hi kappa4life! kappa kappa kappa? Welcome to our little message board.

You've come to the right place because, as you've read, there are oodles of reviews of Hostal Martín here on the message board but not sure if there's anything "recent". You've tried s SEARCH already, using HOSTAL MARTIN MADRID as your keywords?

I stayed in their "sister hostel" downstairs, the Hostal Cervelo and found it just right. I had a balcony, the room and bathroom was clean, and I had my own room key. Well located too.

Other hostels in the same area would include Hostal Castilla I in the same building as Hostal Martín, Hostal Horizonte is across the street, and there's probably more than a dozen others in the Huertas area.

Anyone have any recent reviews of Hosatl Martin or others in the area of Calle de Atocha not far from Plaza Mayor and/or Huertas?

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: sepa

Re: Madrid:HOSTAL MARTIN- Feedback Please! - 07/17/03 06:01 AM

hi,

we stayed there some weeks ago for a few days and it´s really very good. Airco, very central, and quiet rooms. I would definitely recommand it!

Sepa.