Madrid Lodging with A/C

Posted by: Mic

Madrid Lodging with A/C - 05/01/03 06:32 PM

Can anyone recommend a charming place (under $80 USD per night) in Madrid, preferably in the Puerta del Sol area which also has air conditioning? We're going in August...Thanks!
Posted by: Mongo

Re: Madrid Lodging with A/C - 05/01/03 08:46 PM

I just got back fron Hostal Adriano , where they are installing A/C in all the new and existing rooms. They have already installed some of them and have purchased all the units. According to Alberto, they will not raise the price or charge extra for it. They will also be used for supplemental heating in the winter time.
Posted by: liz49

Re: Madrid Lodging with A/C - 05/02/03 07:42 AM

Try the Hotel Plaza Mayor . Great location--very near Sol. Nice, clean rooms with A/C. And I think the standard doubles are about 80 euros. They may even run special deals in August.
Posted by: Snoo

Re: Madrid Lodging with A/C - 05/04/03 04:18 PM

Liz, I am thinking about staying at the Hotel Plaza Mayor next month. Is there still a big underground parking garage being constructed next to it (with a big hole in the ground?) confused When I did a search, the latest posts were from 2001 and talked about this.
Posted by: liz49

Re: Madrid Lodging with A/C - 05/04/03 05:25 PM

No--the construction is finished! When I was there just last summer there was no sign of the upheaval that had been previously discussed on this board.

As I've said in other posts, I really can't recommend the Hotel Plaza Mayor enough. I had a universally positive experience when I stayed there for three weeks last summer. Glad you're thinking of giving it a try.