Santiago: Hotel Monumento San Francisco

Posted by: admiral44

Santiago: Hotel Monumento San Francisco - 08/31/14 08:05 AM

Hotel Monumento San Francisco is located about five minutes walking from the Cathedral. This is a large hotel with all the amenities. Our room was on the top floor, kind of built into the roof, so while we had a skylight, we did not have windows with a view. No worries. Wasn't planning on lingering in the room anyway. The bathroom was huge, again with all the facilities and a nice set of toiletries. The breakfast buffet was worth the money, service cheerful and helpful in every way. On-site parking is also available. And after walking all day, it was a nice touch to take a dip in the indoor poor with the adjacent hot tub. A great stay for three nights here while exploring Santiago.

Posted by: Crisco

Re: Santiago: Hotel Monumento San Francisco - 08/31/14 09:20 AM

I attended a conference in this hotel,checked out the rates and I was shocked-totally overpriced and you had no view! There are so many nicer options/more reasonable hotels in Santiago.At that price you can stay at the parador next to the cathedral.
Over the years I have had the good fortune to stay there seven times.My dream would be to actually live there!
Posted by: chivasusa

Re: Santiago: Hotel Monumento San Francisco - 08/31/14 03:39 PM

I stayed 2 nights at the parador. Its the best hotel I've ever stayed in. I walked up without a reservation and paid 100 euros per night, it was November low season. I walked in on a whim, I wouldn't have been surprised if they had kicked me out. I had expected to be quoted 400 euros per night. There are many low-priced rooms available in some of the family run bars very close to the Cathedral.
Posted by: admiral44

Re: Santiago: Hotel Monumento San Francisco - 09/01/14 07:40 AM

Hmmm... well... I guess I made a huge mistake.
Posted by: chivasusa

Re: Santiago: Hotel Monumento San Francisco - 09/01/14 04:20 PM

It wasn't a mistake, if you enjoyed it. When I saw the low priced rooms after I stayed in the parador I paused knowing I could have saved 150 euros, but its a good memory.