lodging in madrid

Posted by: emilyka

lodging in madrid - 03/30/03 11:12 AM

Hi-

I will be visiting Madrid for the first time with my mom for a couple of days in Semana Santa. My mom would like to stay in some place "historic" and more or less central. Any ideas?

Emily
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: lodging in madrid - 03/30/03 11:25 AM

WOW!!! A Spaniard going to MADRID for Semana Santa!!! That's a first! hehehe.. wink (just kidding)

Are you looking for a central/historical area of Madrid or are you looking for a central/historical hotel? I mean, are you asking for names of hotels or of zones of Madrid?

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: kelar419

Re: lodging in madrid - 03/30/03 01:51 PM

I dont know but my advice is to book something, ASAP!! I am looking for that first weekend, for 4 people, and am having a little bit of trouble finding a cheap hostel, with 2 double rooms available! Yikes, oh well as always I have waited until the last minute and will now pay the price rolleyes .
Posted by: emilyka

Re: lodging in madrid - 03/31/03 02:37 PM

Hey wait a minute MadridMan,

I´m not Spanish smile I thought that where it said "from" we were supposed to put where we were writing from, not where we were from. I´m from Huntsville, Texas (although sometimes I am told that since Spain used to own Mexico and Mexico used to own Texas I´m really Spanish).

In response to your question MM, I was referring to hotel names. I´m just looking for womething more or less decent (and reasonably priced)that would satisfy my mom´s desire to stay some place "european looking."

Emiyl
Posted by: papi

Re: lodging in madrid - 04/02/03 03:45 AM

hey cowboy! if u want centro madrid!!! try hostal miralva on calle de valverde! its adjacent to calle de fuencarral and 2 minutos from gran via macdonalds....anyways i stayed there for a few months...got a real good deal. room with balcony shower, tv, i paid 40euros a day but they also had shared rooms as low as 15 euros it was run by a husband and wife...very clean and tidy..its near to puerta del sol, plaza de esPANA/ etc etc, loads of historic places...near by, dont forget to go to el parque del retiro, thats a good chill out place foor the weekend... im sure ur have a great time what ever do.

word of advise for u and any1 else...DONT USE UR CELL PHONE LATE AT NITE WHILE WALKING DOWN THE STREETS...GANGS OF HOODRATS WIILL SNATCH IT...HAPPENED TO ME TWICE mad