Hotels in Toledo, Madrid, Granada and Sevilla?

Posted by: esperanza

Hotels in Toledo, Madrid, Granada and Sevilla? - 11/17/11 07:37 PM

This March I have been given the OK to lead a trip to Spain for a group of 13 students from my school here in NYC. Just wondering if anyone on the board had any thoughts about these possible hotels? I am able to request, so I was hoping to get some thoughts from you all first!

In Toledo: Either Hotel San Juan de los Reyes or Hotel Carlos V ( I have stayed at the Carlos V and liked it, but it has been about 5 years since my stay, so .... just wondering if it is still as nice.)

In Granada: Hotel Los Angeles, or Hotel Alixares (as with the Carlos V, I have stayed at the Alixares and liked it, but it has been about 5 years since my stay, so .... just wondering if it is still as nice.)

In Sevilla: Hotel Tryp Macarena, Hotel Alcázar, or Hotel Don Paco (I have stayed at the Don Paco and was not thrilled with it, but I would love to hear other opinions!)

and finally in (my) Madrid: one of the options is the Vincci Capitol on the Gran Via. I stayed there many moons ago and I was just wondering if anyone has been there more recently?

I have checked Trip advisor for these hotels to see what is being said about them, but I trust my friends here on MM more! smile

Thank you for your thoughts!
The trip will include Madrid :), Toledo grin, Granada (to see the Alhambra!! and see some flamenco! , :), Sevilla, Ronda, and Córdoba (just to see the Mezquita and for a little walk around the Judería). ... can't wait!!
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Hotels in Toledo, Madrid, Granada and Sevilla? - 11/22/11 04:42 PM

I've not stayed at any of these hotels, but can comment on their locations.

Toledo: It's a toss-up. Both good locations.

Granada: To be honest, I'm not thrilled with either. Hotel Axilares, while being uphill next to the actual Alhambra, will make for some long-haul walks up and down the hills when not visiting the Alhambra itself. The Hotel Los Angeles, while down on flatland near the river, this-too is a long walk to, say, the Plaza Santa Ana or the Albaicin/Sacromonte. Of the two, I'd choose the Los Angeles for location and better proximity to stores/restaurants/transportation.

Sevilla: Hotel Tryp Macarena is located just outside the upper part of Old Sevilla and far north of the Barrio Santa Cruz. Hotel Don Paco is within Old Sevilla, closer, but northeast of Barrio Santa Cruz. Hotel Alcázar, for which I couldn't find a working website, is right on the eastern edge of the Barrio Santa Cruz along the busy Avenida Menéndez Pelayo, but closer to everything within walking distance.

Madrid: The Hotel Vincci Capitol is a classic hotel in a historic building in Madrid and right in the middle of it all. Everything's accessible.

Not sure what else to say about them. Have you conducted a search, hotel name by hotel name to see if there have been any previous reviews/mentions of them? Be sure to set your search criteria to go back 10 years to be safe. Best of luck!

Saludos, MadridMan