GRANADA - arriving by bus - somewhere to stay?

Posted by: Jo-Anne

GRANADA - arriving by bus - somewhere to stay? - 04/19/11 09:19 AM

Good afternoon MM and friends

My daughter and I are spending one or two nights in Granada in June, and would like somewhere central to stay. We've explored the Alhambra before, so would like to spend this time exploring other streets/areas of Granada.

We will be arriving by bus, and I know the station is not in the centre of the city. Does anyone have any recommendations of a hostal/hotel within easy walking distance from the bus station? Or is it easy to catch a bus into the centre?

Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Jo x
Posted by: jacmom

Re: GRANADA - arriving by bus - somewhere to stay? - 04/20/11 01:36 PM

Hi Jo-Anne,
I'm not an expert at all, but last May my daughter and I stayed at Hostel Antares. It was a great location, very central. Clean, comfortable beds, shared bath - but we did not have to share it. The bath room was huge.

We took a bus from Madrid to Granada and from there to a central area of town. So that I do not copy the information incorrectly, under SEARCH (Granada), look for a thread started by me May 7, 2010. MM and some others give bus information to arrive at the Granada Cathedral. That may be of a help.

Re: GRANADA - arriving by bus - somewhere to stay? - 04/20/11 04:18 PM

Hi!

Thanks, that's really helpful Buses from Granada bus station to Cathedral/Alhambra etc

I'll have a look at a map and work things out from there. I'll look up Hostel Antares too smile

Oooh and look, Hostal Antares has bus directions from the bus station on it's web site .... seems we could be sorted!

Bus station to Hostal Antares

Brilliant!

Thanks again,
Jo
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: GRANADA - arriving by bus - somewhere to stay? - 04/21/11 05:17 AM

Yeah, it's an easy and relatively fast trip from the Granada Bus station to the old downtown center. I would choose that rather than a place to stay near the bus station - but that's just me. If you're arriving really late or leaving Granada really early, I don't think it's worth staying near the bus station.

Enjoy your stay in Granada! Saludos, GranadaMan wink

Re: GRANADA - arriving by bus - somewhere to stay? - 04/21/11 01:36 PM

Thanks GM wink

No need to stay near the bus station at all - so we'll just hop on a local bus and go to the centre instead. Can't wait.

Jo