Seville - Hostal, Pension, Hotel HELP

Posted by: La Sorpresa

Seville - Hostal, Pension, Hotel HELP - 03/29/11 01:45 PM

Hi all,
Has anyone stayed in Seville recently? I searched the boards for recommendations and I could not find anything since 2007. I am looking for a room with bath (single, or double for single use) in the Arenal or Santa Cruz neighborhoods for late May. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it!

Thanks!
Posted by: teachertraveler8

Re: Seville - Hostal, Pension, Hotel HELP - 03/29/11 03:51 PM

I am going to Seville for Holy Week in April. There is another web site similar to this one called: www.exploreseville.com On that site, you find lists of Hostals and Hotels. There is also a link to this web site. I will be happy to report on my experience, but you won't get the scoop until late April and I'm sure you want to set things up before then.
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Seville - Hostal, Pension, Hotel HELP - 03/29/11 04:55 PM

Can't say, no, but look through those which have websites at http://www.madridman.com/seville/sevillehostels.html

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Silver Traveler

Re: Seville - Hostal, Pension, Hotel HELP - 04/07/11 02:44 PM

http://www.patiosantacruz.com/en.html in the Santa Cruz area would be a great choice. Did not stay there in the fall, but went in and checked it out. Will stay there on the next trip.

Re: Seville - Hostal, Pension, Hotel HELP (review) - 06/03/11 02:34 PM

Hi all,

Just got back from almost a month (!!!!) in Spain - most of it was with my dad but then I had 5 nights to myself. When he left I decided to take the AVE from Madrid to Seville and spend a few days. With 2 hours to research my hotel on the train, I decided that my first choice would be Hostal Goya in the Santa Cruz area.

Glad I did! It has a very central location but is just after a curve in the road that keeps foot and car traffic away for a VERY quiet sleep. I highly recommend it for anyone travelling in the future! My second choice was going to be Hotel Maestranza (Arenal) where I stayed 4+/- years ago. I would recommend that also because 3 of my fav tapas places are on the same street, but I just felt like trying something new.

The staff was so nice, and I got a huge room on the first floor with modern bath for 60 euros. (Price of a single but it had a giant double bed.) Satellite TV, WiFi, and if you need it, they allow pets. My room was so dark, quiet and comfortable at night that the first night I slept 10 hours straight!

The tiny bar next door was a total locals hangout. I stopped in for a beer one day after shopping, took a sip, and looked around. I was the only female and the youngest by at least 20 years :-) I asked the man behind the counter where the rest of the women were and he told me that all the other 'cute girls my age' (I'm 40 for goodness sake) were at school or working but the men were all glad I stopped by!

All other wonderful things about Spain aside... it sure is good for a girl's ego!

Re: Seville - Hostal, Pension, Hotel HELP (review) - 06/03/11 02:39 PM

P.S. - if there are any other Seville questions please post where appropriate and I will try to answer!
Posted by: Puna

Re: Seville - Hostal, Pension, Hotel HELP (review) - 06/04/11 01:41 PM

La Sproesa,

Hostal Goya sounds fantastic! Thanks for the feedback; link is bookmarked. smile

I stayed at Maestranza once years ago and it sounds as if they have improved since as I never stayed there a 2nd time.