Madrid: Tryp hotels and alternatives?

Posted by: listener042

Madrid: Tryp hotels and alternatives? - 09/27/10 12:50 AM

Hey guys,

When in Madrid we usually stay at the Hotel Tryp Ambassador near the Opera, but they quoted us a rate a good 40 Euros higher than usual. So my better half booked us at the Hotel Tryp Gran Via instead, which was right about 100 Euros for all of us and very central, but the reviews on Tripadvisor SUCK.

So, does anyone have any experience with the Tryp Gran Via? Should we cancel the booking? Can you recommend any other places in the general area about the same price (2 adults one kids)that would be nice, clean, comfortable with friendly staff?

Gracias
Posted by: JeanSP

Re: Madrid: Tryp hotels and alternatives? - 10/11/10 02:01 PM

I stayed in Hotel Mora, a pleasant little hotel but what attracted me to it was the location.Its across from the Paeso de Pablo (spelling) and the Botanical Gardens.

Lovely service from the staff, and ask for a room opening up to the street, I swear I could sit with a glass of wine and view the comings and goings for hours with the view.
Posted by: pedmar

Re: Madrid: Tryp hotels and alternatives? - 10/11/10 03:05 PM

TRyp has been around a long time, great chain ,you wont go wrong with it. i know the hotel. Great area close to everything, great staff.You will be ok.
Posted by: listener042

Re: Madrid: Tryp hotels and alternatives? - 10/16/10 01:58 AM

Well, my better half gave it a good ponder and decided to pay the higher cost and keep us at our usual TRYP by the opera, simply because we like it. Sometimes that's just enough, isn't it?
Posted by: pedmar

Re: Madrid: Tryp hotels and alternatives? - 10/16/10 07:05 AM

you will feel better after the trip, good decision. Enjoy Madrid