Cheap accomodation Seville, Granada, Barcelona, Madrid

Posted by: Cyberbabe

Cheap accomodation Seville, Granada, Barcelona, Madrid - 02/24/03 06:29 PM

I am really getting confused, All the places listed in Lonely planet are no where to be found on the Internet and the ones on the Internet are not even mentioned by lonely planet. I just want someone to collobarate that the places I am planning on staying are clean and safe. Because I heard that the IH in Madrid is in the red light district!!!???
I have also heard that for Spain you should really book in advance as good places tend to be booked??!!??!
This is the plan please let me know if there are better places
-Seville NO IDEAS, please help
-Granada Hostal Gomerez
-Barcelona Alberg Palau
-Madrid Was going with the IH now NO IDEAS

Any confirmations that those places are nice and new ideas for Seville and Madrid would really be appreciated. Thank you so much
Solo Confused Travellor
Posted by: JA

Re: Cheap accomodation Seville, Granada, Barcelona, Madrid - 02/26/03 08:30 PM

Do a search on "Sevilla Hostals" to see all the places that have been reviewed. I know two in Sevilla that are good (was there a few days ago): Hostal Atenas y Hostal Roma. I prefer Roma and I know it has a very small but neat single. It should run about 40 E's.
Good luck.

JA
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Cheap accomodation Seville, Granada, Barcelona, Madrid - 02/26/03 08:32 PM

Also, try keywords HOSTAL CITY-NAME-HERE. JA, I'm not sure you'll get many "hits" using the word "hostals" since this word surprisingly doesn't exist in any language. It's got to be either "hostels" (English) or "hostales" (Spanish). Good luck!
Posted by: Cyberbabe

Re: Cheap accomodation Seville, Granada, Barcelona, Madrid - 02/27/03 03:11 PM

Thanks for the guidance. I have searched by both of those methods. I guess what I am looking for is some collobaration of information. Nothing seems consistant!?!
I have, since posting that, decided on Los Amigos for Madrid, because I found so many positive reviews. But I am still lost on Seville, I have heard many good things about the Hostal Roma but it is out of my price range. And I really want to stay in the Barrio De Santa Cruz area. Anyhow, again, thank you for your guidance, Happy travels!!!
Posted by: nevado

Re: Cheap accomodation Seville, Granada, Barcelona, Madrid - 02/27/03 04:09 PM

I'm not sure where you got your info on the IH in Madrid but the one that is in the city (not the casa de campo one) is in a very nice area. ???