barcelona lodging: Residencia Australia, Hostal Hill, or personal recommendation

Posted by: peggytex

barcelona lodging: Residencia Australia, Hostal Hill, or personal recommendation - 02/23/03 06:13 AM

has anyone stayed at Res.Australia or Hostal Hill , if so, what are they like? or -- any personal recommendation for BCN budget place, private rooms? Thnx.
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: barcelona lodging: Residencia Australia, Hostal Hill, or personal recommendation - 02/23/03 09:21 AM

Hello peggytex! Welcome to our All Spain Message Board! smile

Please try using the SEARCH link above/right using keywords like AUSTRALIA BARCELONA and HILL BARCELONA and you might find some previously posted reviews.

Anyone else stay at these two places recently? peggytex, have a good time in BCN! And won't you please return here to review the one you choose that that future travelers may benefit from your experience? Thanks!

(follow-up edit) I just did the search for you using the SEARCH link above/right and found one thread with reviews about Hostal Hill. The thread's name is " Hostal Hill in Barcelona ".

I didn't find anything about Residencia Australia though. Sorry!

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: DCS

Re: barcelona lodging: Residencia Australia, Hostal Hill, or personal recommendation - 02/23/03 02:12 PM

Hello, my recommendation is to look for a place to stay in Badalona. It only takes about 15 min from the train station in Badalona to get to Plaça Catalunya in Barcelona and only about 8 min from Badalona to metro station Clot. The train uses the exact same trip ticket needed for the metro and bus system in Barcelona. The trains pass just as often if not more often than the metro.
smile
http://www.aj-badalona.es/
http://www.badalona.minorisa.es/ajuntament/
Posted by: peggytex

Re: barcelona lodging: Residencia Australia, Hostal Hill, or personal recommendation - 02/23/03 05:13 PM

thanks for the advice..although Sitges would be my preference :-) i'm going with my daughter , during the first few days she's going to be looking for a flat to share rent for the next few months. so we need to be in bcn proper, at least til she's settled.