Madrid:lodging for family of 4

Posted by: FrozenMan

Madrid:lodging for family of 4 - 02/22/03 12:07 PM

Does anyone have a recommendation for reasonable family accommodation in central Madrid? Hostal with large rooms or apartment? Thanks.
Posted by: Jo-Anne

Re: Madrid:lodging for family of 4 - 02/22/03 01:24 PM

I recommend Hostal Martin/Cervelo

HOSTAL MARTIN AND CERVELO

HOSTAL MARTIN AND CERVELO AGAIN

If you do a search (top right of message board) and put in "Hostal" "Madrid" "Family" I think there is loads of information.

Hope this helps.

Jo
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madrid:lodging for family of 4 - 02/22/03 02:15 PM

Hello FrozenMan! Welcome to our All Spain Message Board! smile

Jo-Anne gives some good suggestions above. I know that Hostal Chelo has (at least) one average room with 4 single beds. Hostal López has a LARGE room with three (or 4 beds). Hostal Dulcinea has a kind of apartment which might be perfect for your family. Huespedes Jaén has well-priced apartments. And the El Prado apartment in Huertas (neighborhood) is cheap, nice, but smallish. Could sleep 4, I think.

Good luck and have fun in Spain! Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: FrozenMan

Re: Madrid:lodging for family of 4 - 02/23/03 03:46 AM

Thanks MM and Jo for the useful info - and kudos to MM for a really helpful site!
Does anyone have any direct experience with Apartmentos En Busca del Tiempo? Right now they have an apartment available for our travel dates, at what looks like a fair price.

FM
Posted by: Jana

Re: Madrid:lodging for family of 4 - 02/24/03 08:51 AM

We slept 3 adults and 2 kids at Apartasol. Search the board and you will find quite a bit of feedback. Great location.