Parador reservations -- Help!!

Posted by: NatalieM

Parador reservations -- Help!! - 02/08/03 12:24 PM

Looking for suggestions on reserving at paradors...I first used the parador website, which seemed to work great, but got no confirmation. I called their central number, and they told me I could not reserve using the website, but needed to call the individual paradors. I made a reservation with Parador Merida by phone (very nice person, very helpful, got a confirmation number). When I called the next day to alter it, I was told there was no reservation with that number or under my name. When I attempted to make a new reservation, I was told to call back tomorrow. I requested a fax number, but I don't think the person understood me. Now I'm worried that even if I make a reservation successfully, I may not have one. Any suggestions? Thank you!!
Posted by: ABP

Re: Parador reservations -- Help!! - 02/08/03 01:30 PM

You can reserve with: Viajes El Corte Inglés or other spanish travel agency by phone and ask for Paradors offers (In this time there are a lot of offers).

Luck
ABP

Re: Parador reservations -- Help!! - 02/08/03 03:27 PM

Thanks for the suggestion! Do you have a phone number? I haven't been able to find them on the internet.
Posted by: plumepoppy

Re: Parador reservations -- Help!! - 02/08/03 07:31 PM

I don't know how helpful this can be, but here it is! I tried to make a reservation at a Parador once, and did it by email. The information they sent me was in basic English but because it was written down, I was able to figure it out. And I assume that it was easier for them to read my email message than for me to speak to them. On the whole, I try and get reservations done by email and if the answer comes back in Spanish, I can translate the content with a dictionary.
Posted by: ABP

Re: Parador reservations -- Help!! - 02/09/03 04:18 AM

pls note Viajes El Corte Ingles phone in Madrid
915213858 and 902224411

ABP
Posted by: Jana

Re: Parador reservations -- Help!! - 02/10/03 09:21 AM

Last summer I booked with Petrabax travel agency in LA. I found them on the Parador website . Look for a US number. It was nice to be able to communicate without international calling. They handled everything very well. We prepaid and they issued vouchers.
Posted by: Cornelio

Re: Parador reservations -- Help!! - 02/10/03 03:41 PM

I have done parador reservations strictly by email and that email address as per their website is info@parador.es. They have always responsed within 24 hours. However, the response, at least in my case, has always been from Esther and the email address is SCREC011@parador.es

Anyway, try the SCREC011@parador.es email address.

Re: Parador reservations -- Help!! - 02/10/03 04:31 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I had already called Petrabax and the rates they quoted me were significantly higher than those listed on the Parador site, even without any meals included. When I attempted to clarify why their rate was so much higher, the person became quite unpleasant. They also said they could not give me a senior rate for my mom's room,which the parador said they could do. I e-mailed the parador site several times in the past 10 days, & have received no response, but will try the new address you've shared. Viajes El Corte Ingle has been very nice, but I need to call back when there is a staff person who speaks better English. In the meantime, I'm faxing & e-mailing using the altavista babel fish translation service (babelfish.altavista.com). If you haven't checked it out, it is amazing!

Re: Parador reservations -- Help!! - 02/10/03 04:32 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I had already called Petrabax and the rates they quoted me were significantly higher than those listed on the Parador site, even without any meals included. When I attempted to clarify why their rate was so much higher, the person became quite unpleasant. They also said they could not give me a senior rate for my mom's room,which the parador said they could do. I e-mailed the parador site several times in the past 10 days, & have received no response, but will try the new address you've shared. Viajes El Corte Ingle has been very nice, but I need to call back when there is a staff person who speaks better English. In the meantime, I'm faxing & e-mailing using the altavista babel fish translation service (babelfish.altavista.com). If you haven't checked it out, it is amazing!

Re: Parador reservations -- Help!! - 02/10/03 04:32 PM

Posted by: biotechsolutions

Re: Parador reservations -- Help!! - 02/10/03 04:35 PM

Hi......we have done the 5-night parador pass twice and found it a great deal. What we did was email the parador directly with the nights we wanted to stay. We had lined up 5 nights and 3 or 4 different paradores, then paid for the 5 night pass at the first parador. You are just responsible for the tax at each parador, unless there is a surchage, depending on the season and how nice the parador is. We thought it was a great way to have some interesting stays. We have stayed in approx. 12 different ones. If you have ones you want information one, might be able to help. Before the Euro came around it was about 65.00 dollars a night, can't beat it. Now it's a little more but still a great deal.

Re: Parador reservations -- Help!! - 02/10/03 09:07 PM

Thanks again for all your suggestions. I had best luck with using Viajes El Corte Ingle, a travel agency in Spain. I was assisted there by Alvaro, who speaks excellent English and is very patient! Confirmation was fax'd to me by the requested Parador within several hours. Yay! The 5 night deal looks great, but didn't work for our itinerary...also, some paradors are not accepting this in April. Thanks again. Natalie