Madrid: High Tech Petite Palace Londres

Posted by: Sallee

Madrid: High Tech Petite Palace Londres - 02/07/03 12:40 PM

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are planning a trip to Spain at the end of March. We've found a hotel that seems nice through a search engine and were wondering if anyone has heard or knows anything about it. It is called High Tech Petite Palace Londres and it is located at the Puerta del Sol. High Tech appear to be a chain of hotels.

Thanks for your help!
Posted by: Rodolfo

Re: Madrid: High Tech Petite Palace Londres - 01/15/08 04:58 PM

Sorry no one got back to you on this Sallee.

I've stayed here twice, in fact just last November. Our stay was very nice. For those who don't know about it I'll go on.

The adress is Galdo 2, just 2 block up from Puerta del Sol, it's across from El Corte Ingles so snacking in the room with some quesso and wine is nice and inexpensive.

The rooms can be a small by the standards of U.S. hotels but I find them more than big enough. Great views of the city's foot traffic from the balcony are in just about every room. The pedestrian only neibourhood is great.Myself, I love the "noise" of the city down below. Some might not like that but the windows and black-out drapes kill most of the sounds.

If you arrive by car you may not be able to have drop off at the door durring busy work hours.The hotel now has LG flat screen TV's in the rooms with satelitte and mini bar .

Free Internet access upstairs in the breakfast room. Speaking of breakfast, a very good meal is served up-stairs. I think it was about 12e so it wasn't cheap but there are many places near by for coffee and toast.

The staff is nice and helpfull. Maybe not the cheeriest fellows but still very efficient and that's what counts.

Last I must say the location is fantastic! Metro very near. Grand Via is just up the street, Plaza Mayor is close, Palace ect.. everything is close by.

In November of 2007 I stayed 4 nights here and 4 at The Hotel Best Western Atlantico . Loved them both.
I'll post my Atlantico review in another thread.

Cheers and happy travels