Rooms in Madrid

Posted by: samuel

Rooms in Madrid - 06/08/09 08:58 PM

Hello, Is it necessary to have reservations in Madrid close to the Puerta del sol or the Plaza Mayor or can we find a room for 2 by just walking around and looking in the side streets? Something inexpensive, if such a thing exists. Thanks for your help. Samuel
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Rooms in Madrid - 06/11/09 05:44 AM

Is it necessary? No, but it is a good idea. You may have to go to several locations, lugging your luggage to each one until you find one in your budget. "Hostales" are the cheapest private lodging option in Madrid. Doubles can start at 35 Euros with shared bathroom.

It's always a good idea to visit the websites of a number of them so you can know their location, prices, and see photos of their rooms. That way, when you find one you recognize, if they have a room available, you'll know what you're getting into before entering or going upstairs to the room.

Best of luck and enjoy your time in Madrid!

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Rodolfo

Re: Rooms in Madrid - 06/11/09 12:52 PM

I've done it that way before but it was the off-season in February. It was a fun adventure.

If nothing else, I would at least reserve a first night somewere, then seek out something else.

Good luck!
Posted by: Carole Chiaro

Re: Rooms in Madrid - 07/05/09 07:48 PM

Do you just want a room and bath? E-mail me and I will give you info about the place my husband and I will stay in.
Posted by: steve robinson

Re: Rooms in Madrid - 07/06/09 07:59 AM

Don´t try that in Bilbao though ... We turned up without a room . I eventually got something for €85 per night and my friend spent half the day trying to get something cheaper for himself . Bilbao´s a small city !!