Malaga Hostels

Posted by: theatremadtoni

Malaga Hostels - 01/20/03 08:15 PM

I'm planning a trip to Malaga soon. Anyone know of any good hostels? What did you like about them? Any to avoid - why? Any info on this topic would be much appreciated!

Peace and funkiness,

Toni
Posted by: El Boqueron

Re: Malaga Hostels - 01/21/03 02:13 PM

Where do you want to stay toni - right in the centre (e.g hostal Cordoba)? Nearer the beach (Hostal Capri - has work going on in at right now)?

Re: Malaga Hostels - 01/21/03 04:11 PM

Well I'm looking to travel around a bit, so anywhere really. Do you know what any of these hostels are like? I have my Lonely Planet Guide, but I would like to know from other people too!

Thanks in advance!

Love and Fun,

Toni
Posted by: El Boqueron

Re: Malaga Hostels - 01/23/03 08:22 AM

The ones in the centre are mostly like the ones in Madrid, on one floor of a building. Hostal Larios is pretty good. It's on the newly pedestrianised C/Larios, shown here
http://www.malagaturismo.com/varios/esp/webcam.htm

You can easily check out a place by calling and asking to see the room first. It's normal, there's no problem.

Hostal Capri is to the east of the centre (walking distance) along Paseo de Reding, and is a whole house. Nice rooms, with bath. It's the only hostal I know of near the beach.

Re: Malaga Hostels - 02/04/03 06:48 AM

Cheers muchly for the advice all - I will investigate when I get over there! laugh