Madrid:Hostal Chelo Update

Posted by: Shawn

Madrid:Hostal Chelo Update - 10/15/02 05:55 PM

I spent my final five days in Spain at the world famous Hostal Chelo and I feel obliged to give an update on this fantastic lodging option.

As always Antonio and his family offered incredible hospitality at an inexpensive price.

The cleanliness is first-rate. The family works long hours to ensure this high level, it is amazing how well they can mantain their hostal.

Finally, the centrally located building has added an elevator making carrying a lot of luggage a breeze.

If your looking for a hostal in Madrid, be sure to consider Hostal Chelo . You will be glad you did.
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madrid:Hostal Chelo Update - 10/15/02 06:19 PM

Hi Shawn! Glad you had a good experience at that "world famous" Hostal Chelo run by that guy... what's his name again wink ?? Antoine?? Something like that.. ANYWAY... heehe.. I'm just teasing. As I've mentioned before, and oh-so-happy to mention it again in this thread, I too had a very good experience sleeping 1 night at Hostal Chelo in October 2000 after that fantastic "Party With MadridMan: Version #'I-Can't-Remember'" My room was typical, had two twin beds in it, I recall, a TV, and a balcony. The bathroom was typically small-ish but I didn't lounge-around too much in there anyway except when I "got into" that issue of " Descubre Madrid " that Antonio gave me and ya' know... time just passes. hehehe.. Anyway, I slept like a baby in that room right off the reception area (usually these rooms are noisy in hostels but this one wasn't) and I enjoyed looking up and down the street from the balcony. Also, just as you said, it was spotlessly clean, Antonio's parents are obviously VERY hard working, oh-so-sweet and attentive, and Antonio!!!! WHOA! What CAN'T we say about Antonio?! He's awesome! Talk about your "Guía del Ocio de Madrid -- A PIE!" (Walking, Talking, EXPERT on everything that's happening in Madrid). AND.... (dare I say it??!) Antonio's sister is SO CUTE!! IT'S TRUE!! Shawn, did you meet her? Okay.. 'Nuff said. Hostal Chelo : TWO THUMBS UP!

Saludos, MadridMan smile
Posted by: AmbassadorTex

Re: Madrid:Hostal Chelo Update - 10/16/02 03:18 PM

Well...I sense several inside jokes and dormant stories waiting to be told! laugh

Very happy to say that I've already booked 2 nights at H. Chelo - 12/28 and 12/29.
Looking forward to meeting Antonio and family.