?Hostal Pedregalejo-Malaga?

Posted by: AmbassadorTex

?Hostal Pedregalejo-Malaga? - 09/27/02 01:37 PM

OK - I've searched this board to find info on Hostal Pedregalejo in Malaga. The only references made so far have been about the Pedregalejo *district* of Malaga.

Does anyone know anything about this hostal?

It's called " Hostal Pedregalejo " and I've got the chance to confirm reservations for 3 days in December at 43EUROS per night. Looks quaint but comfy based on the web photos cool .

Thanks in advance for advice!
Posted by: El Boqueron

Re: ?Hostal Pedregalejo-Malaga? - 09/30/02 05:15 AM

I've only seen it from the outside, but it looked fine. It's close to the beach and seafood restaurants, and the bus route into Malaga (no. 11 bus to/from the "Parque").

Re: ?Hostal Pedregalejo-Malaga? - 09/30/02 11:52 AM

Thanks Boqueron - does the price (43E) seem reasonable/decent/unbelievable for Malaga that time of year?

Just trying to get an idea of when to pounce on a great deal.

My other option is the Hotel SUR for 55E per night. If the SUR is an incredible deal at 55E and vastly nicer than Pedregalejo, I'll go to SUR. But we're trying to keep costs down - I'm a teacher for God's sake!

Thanks for all the help!

Re: ?Hostal Pedregalejo-Malaga? - 09/30/02 01:17 PM

A new lead - Anyone familiar with Hostal LYDIA ??

(in the center of the historic district in Malaga so I'm told)

Only 30EUROS/night for a double with a private bathroom - an incredible deal if the place is comfortable and appropriately "Andalucian"... laugh

Re: ?Hostal Pedregalejo-Malaga? - 10/01/02 12:58 PM

Hostal Lydia is not in the historic centre, it's some distance out to the West, in an area I would not usually associate with tourists. Personally, I would give it a miss.

Sur is in the centre between the Alameda and the port (nb. NOT the beach), but the area is not especially "historic". If you really want to be in the old centre you could try Hotel Don Curro , or Hotel Larios. Somewhat cheaper, Hostal Cordoba is in the same area.

Pedregalejo is a former fishing village now absorbed into Malaga's eastern suburbs, and you'd need to take a bus or taxi into the centre. There are a number of hotels just to the east (walking distance)of the centre, on Paseo de Sancha, close to the beach in a nice area, Hotels Las Vegas, California , and Naranjos. Also Hostal Capri (much cheaper) is in the same area.
Posted by: Anchovy Front

Re: ?Hostal Pedregalejo-Malaga? - 10/02/02 11:08 AM

Howdy Mr Ambassador! I've stayed in the Sur and can recommend it. The rooms are nice, clean and for me the situation was fine. As Boqueron says, it's not in the historic part, but it's only across the road and no more than a few minutes walk to the cathedral. By the way, they have a cute car park, which calls for a lot of to-ing and fro-ing, given the weird lay out of it!!

I thought it was good value for money, although 55 € seems a bit steep for December. If I remember, I paid the equivalent of about 40 € I think 15 months ago, but then again, since the introduction of the hated Euro, mad EVERYTHING has gone up and continues to do so. But that's another story..... It makes me so mad to see what has happened here with this damn currency. BRING BACK THE PESETA!!! And the Deutschmark... and the franc... and the drachma... and the lira... no, forget the lira... wink

Re: ?Hostal Pedregalejo-Malaga? - 10/03/02 05:23 AM

Anchovy - that'll be the old redondeo, 39.67 euros rounded up to 55. frown frown If we ever get the euro in the UK I'm gonna "redondeo" my age up to 65 and retire early. Woo Hooo!! wink
Posted by: Anchovy Front

Re: ?Hostal Pedregalejo-Malaga? - 10/03/02 08:35 AM

What a great idea!! laugh