double rooms in Barcelona

Posted by: Efitz

double rooms in Barcelona - 09/15/02 11:21 PM

My boyfriend and I will be staying in Barcelona towards the end of September. We have not yet booked accomodation and we are a little confused about the room types. We are looking for a cheap room with a double bed (not twin beds) in a central location. When a hostel lists double rates do they mean per person, in a room with two single beds or per person to share a double bed? Any suggestions for a good pension/hostal?
Posted by: JamesC

Re: double rooms in Barcelona - 09/18/02 09:48 AM

Hi there,
you could try Hostal Rey Don Jaime on Calle Jaime in Barcelona, the location is fantastic.
RE the double room thing..the rates given are almost always per room , not per person.
I find it is always worth asking for a "cama matrimonio" (!!!) or "una cama grande" to ensure the double bed.
The location of this hostal allows you to explore the area of La Ribera, Born and the port as well as barrio gotico without being right on the ramblas.
Hope you have a lovely time
Posted by: SuePycroft

Re: double rooms in Barcelona - 09/18/02 06:15 PM

Hi, I can recommend the Hotel California in the heart of the Barrio Gothic area, I have stayed there and will be doing so again in November. You can email them in english, to:-

hotel_california@seker.es