Hotels in Barcelona + Travel Itinerary

Posted by: premium

Hotels in Barcelona + Travel Itinerary - 08/07/02 06:09 AM

1. I am reaching Barcelona on 22nd August. Can anyone advise me of a reasonaly priced Hotel to stay in Barcelona?

2. I am planning to travel through Spain & Portugal from 22nd Aug to 9th Sept. I would like to travel through North Spain, Potugal, South Spain to reach Madrid on 7th.

Any suggestions on the itinerary that I should follow ?

Thanks
Posted by: stacey

Re: Hotels in Barcelona + Travel Itinerary - 08/07/02 03:48 PM

Hi, I was wondering how my reply to your message got on the board site. Anyway, I was wondering if you received my e-mail. I will be in Barcelona on August 23 through 27. Maybe we can get together. I will be staying at the Hotel Del Mar near Port Vell. I am then going to Madrid and Portugual. Stacey
Posted by: premium

Re: Hotels in Barcelona + Travel Itinerary - 08/08/02 04:35 AM

Hi Stacey,

Received your mail ! I look forward to catching up with you while I am there. What's your itinerary through Spain & Portugal? Can I have details or website address of the hotel where you are staying? How is it? Any suggestion?

Pankaj
Posted by: stacey

Re: Hotels in Barcelona + Travel Itinerary - 08/08/02 11:48 AM

Hi Pankaj,

Glad to hear from you. Have you ever been to Spain before? This will be my first time. I will get you my hotel number, don't have it handy. Have you found a place in Barcelona? I was really lucky to get room at a hotel. Its in a historial building, not that expensive. I am staying until the 26th in Barcelona and then leaving to spend a night in Cardona in a Parador there. It would be fun to go out tapa hopping and see some of the sights. When are you going to be in Madrid? I just gave up an nice apartment in Madrid. The website is http://www.inicia.es/de/elprado/ , the apartment was available only on 8/29 through 9/1. frown I need a room on 8/28. I hate to move since I have plans to catch an early train on 8/29. I will be staying at the Hostal Besaya on the Grand Via, it is really nice according to Madridman web. I would like to take a tour on 8/31 to Toledo and El Estorial. Are you planning on going on any tours? I met another MM member who lives in Madrid, we are going to get together on 8/31, if you are around let me know. cool How long are you going to spend in Portugal? I will be doing alitte more hotel hopping in Portugal. I will be spending 2 nights in Setubal, 2 nights in Lisbon, 1 night in Queluz and 2 nights in Sintra. Sintra is supposed to be very beautiful, where all the royalty lived. laugh It would be great to get together. Stacey