Madrid:Hostal-Res. Besaya?

Posted by: stacey

Madrid:Hostal-Res. Besaya? - 08/06/02 12:12 PM

Has anyone ever stayed at the Hostal Besaya in Madrid? rolleyes I am planning on staying there for 4 nights in August. Great location and price. I was trying to find an apartment but I can't find it on MadridMan website. Does anyone know of any threads that I might garner some information. MadridMan has been so helpful. Gracias. cool
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madrid:Hostal-Res. Besaya? - 08/06/02 05:57 PM

Hi stacey! Welcome to the Spain-loving group!

After doing a search of the message board, it seems no on has yet posted a review on Hostal Residencia Besaya . Hopefully SOMEONE lurking out there now has and will offer his/her personal review. Does it HAVE to be Hostal Residencia Besaya? If so, will you return here to this/your thread later and giving us its FIRST critique? All future travelers will appreciate it.

Oh, you asked in your email to me about hearing of "lockouts" at some hostels. I think you were hearing about youth-hostels (called "albergue juveniles" in Spanish) and not hostels (called "hostales" in Spanish). In the rest of the non-Spanish-speaking world, a "hostel" is an abbreviated term for Youth-Hostels. But in Spain and Latin America a "hostel" is a "hostal". This is a common mistake made by those who aren't familiar with these countries.

You couldn't find the MadridMan\'s Madrid Apartments page? There are about 10-12 apartments and apartment-finder services listed there. Only one (that I can recall) has been reviewed here on the message board.

You might try the SEARCH link above/right with MADRID APARTMENT as your keywords. Hopefully that'll yield something. Good luck!!

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: stacey

Re: Madrid:Hostal-Res. Besaya? - 08/07/02 04:07 PM

Muchas Gracias for the website on apartments in Madrid. I have thought it over and Residential Besaya it is. Lo Sientro, upon my return, I give you a critque of the hostal. Looking forward to Spain, only two weeks to go but whos counting.
Stacey