Madrid: Hostal near Colón?

Posted by: rusty2025

Madrid: Hostal near Colón? - 07/25/02 11:28 AM

Can someone please help me. I need to find a Hostal around the Plaza de Colon - at least within a few blocks, either way - but would prefer to be on the North side....Is there any site that has a listing by location???
Also, is the "voucher" system worth the trouble? I will be in Madrid 4 nights, and then am going to Galicia for 10 days... confused
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madrid: Hostal near Colón? - 07/25/02 01:04 PM

The only hostel (called "hostal" in Spanish) with a website anywhere near the Plaza de Colón in Madrid is Hostal Prim which is located just east of Colón in the Salamanca district. Their website still lists prices in pesetas and they only accept reservations by phone & fax.

Since Plaza de Colón is just on the edge of the "tourist district" you won't find too many hostels here. Plus, this area is somewhat "well to do $$$" so you'll mainly only find pricey hotels.

Good luck! And if you find someone in the area you're seeking please let us know here. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Espe3

Re: Madrid: Hostal near Colón? - 07/25/02 03:51 PM

Within walking distance, the Plaza Colon is very close to the Plaza Santa Barbara which is a hop away from Tribunal. The Tribunal/Alonso Martinez area is loaded with hostels. (as well as places to go out)

I'm a walker, and I also know that area VERY well, so the walk may not seem as long to me as it may seem to somebody else. If any of you disagree say so! I wouldn't want to have this person thinking I sent them on a wild goose chase! smile
Posted by: plumepoppy

Re: Madrid: Hostal near Colón? - 07/25/02 07:54 PM

Hi! This softguides.com web page has some info on hostals in the Colon area. Hope this helps!

http://www.softguides.com/madrid_guide/accommodation/hostels.html