Lodging in La Coruna

Posted by: Lepatriinu

Lodging in La Coruna - 07/19/02 02:04 PM

Hi,

Is anyone familiar with hostals or cheaper hotels in La Coruna - do they tend to be full in August or would it be possible to find something even without booking beforehand.
They seem to be a lot less "visible" in internet than the Madrid hostals.
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Lodging in La Coruna - 07/19/02 02:20 PM

Just to clarify, you are asking about the CITY of La Coruņa and not the PROVINCE of La Coruņa, correct? Upon getting your reply/clarification, I'll post a list of links which I've found but know nothing about. Anyone ever stayed in any of the hostels (called "hostales" in Spanish - the word "hostals" doesn't exist in either the English or the Spanish dictionary) there??

Hope to hear from you soon! Saludos, MadridMan smile
Posted by: Lepatriinu

Re: Lodging in La Coruna - 07/19/02 03:21 PM

Hi there!

My mistake, but you got it right - the city of La Coruna and hostales as known in Spanish.
All I've found so far is list of hotels in turismocoruna.com.
I need the room for one night only, so maybe I better just take the night bus...
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Lodging in La Coruna - 07/23/02 06:54 PM

Hi again, Lepatriinu! You're right. There are few hostels on the internet in La Coruņa, but I expect that will improve/increase in the very VERY near future. Madrid has nearly 80 on the internet and is far and above any other city/location in Spain - logically so, I guess.

You might try searching this forum (see link upper right) using the words HOSTAL CORUŅA as keywords.

Also, while I don't know anything about the hostels listed on the below link, there are 6 hostels with websites listed @:

http://www.SpainHostels.com/links/Galicia/La_Coruna/La_Coruna/

Good luck! And please tell us which you chose and how you liked/diskliked it. Afterall, YOUR experiences benefit future travelers!! smile

Saludos, MadridMan