where to stay in Barcelona

Posted by: Natalia

where to stay in Barcelona - 05/21/02 08:22 PM

Can anyone recommend a decent cheap hotel in Barcelona for the 1st 2 weeks of July?

Thanks very much! laugh
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: where to stay in Barcelona - 05/21/02 08:36 PM

Hi Natalia! If you look a few threads below this one you'll find a thread about Barcelona lodging -- and that's just one of the most recent ones posted. Use the SEARCH link above/right and type BARCELONA HOTEL or BARCELONA HOSTAL and you'll find literally dozens of previously posted, recommended places to stay.

Anyone have any fresh ideas for inexpensive lodgings in Barcelona for Natalia?? smile

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Natalia

Re: where to stay in Barcelona - 05/21/02 08:48 PM

GRACIAS MIL :-)
Posted by: alabina

Re: where to stay in Barcelona - 05/21/02 09:48 PM

Hi, try the Hostal Levante . I stayed there. Excellent central location to Ramblas, the metro, great eatting. I paid 48 euros w/o toilet. But there are many toilets and showers in the hall. The rooms with toilet were 54 euros but were sold out. Definitely try to reserve something because when I went last week most places were sold out in advance. They usually want 1 night on credit card.
Posted by: Doug316

Re: where to stay in Barcelona - 03/04/04 09:21 AM

Thanks for a great forum MadridMan.

But it can be hard finding the real information on hostals when all the search results are suggestions to do a search. An option of searching more than 30 days, but less than all posts, would be helpful, as well as perhaps a way to exclude the posts that donīt have any real information for people who are searching...
Posted by: Katha

Re: where to stay in Barcelona - 03/06/04 12:43 PM

I can also recommend the Hostal Levante. I stayed there two times last year, once in April by myself and in July with a friend. The location of the hotel is excellent, right in the Barrio Gotico. Both times we felt very safe and the neighborhood around the hostal is great for walking. It is in the very touristy part of town, just a few blocks from the Rambla. But it is very well located. If you want more info you can PM me.
Posted by: MATADOR

Re: where to stay in Barcelona - 03/06/04 02:44 PM

I recommend hostal windsor. The upper part of the ramblas.