Need urgent help for Madrid!

Posted by: geny

Need urgent help for Madrid! - 04/21/02 09:29 PM

Hi All!

I have been doing lots of research on hostals in Madrid for my trip at then end of May. But, as I am traveling alone, I want to make sure to be in a friendly hostel with a lounge to meet with other travellers.

Plus, in the message board, I never see anything on hostals that are listed in my Let's Go guide.

So, here is the list of hostals in my guide book. Please, if you have been in any of them, give your comments and if you know any other good and friendly hostal, let me know. (I don't want to go in a HI)

Centro:

Hostal Paz
Hostal -Residencia Luz
Hostal Esparteros
Hostal -Residencia Rober
Hostal -Residencia Cruz-Sol
Hostal Madrid

Huertas:

Hostal Villar
Hostal Gonzalo
Hostal -Residencia Sud-Americana
Hostal Aguilar
Hostal R.Rodriguez
Hostal Residencia Mondragon

Gran Via:

Hostal Margarita

Also, has any of you herd of a new hostal called Los Amigos?

I really need your help as I would like to book this week.

Thanks a lot

Geny
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Need urgent help for Madrid! - 04/21/02 10:32 PM

Hi geny!
First, you should know that Los Amigos is a backpacker youth-hostel-like place, complete with bunk beds and group restrooms/showers. I understand it is cheap, but very public. And I'm not exactly sure why, but according to my sources in city government, they're not yet listed as an official accredited/licensed lodging establishment in Madrid. confused

If you use the SEARCH link above/right, you'll find feedback about Hostal Villar, Gonzalo, and maybe Aguilar. I don't recall seeing anything posted on any of the others, but do use the SEARCH link to check your list of hostels (called "hostales" in Spanish) and my memory. wink

I usually trust Let'sGo guides, but know that those recommendations were recommended by one or two writers. You would do well to take seriously the feedback/recommendations of the posting on Madrid's and Spain's hostels here in this forum. Afterall, the people here are REAL travelers, people like you and me.

Have a wonderful time in Spain!! I know you will.

Saludos, MadridMan