Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together?

Posted by: MadridMan

Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/07/07 05:15 PM

Who'd like to get together to see the SpiderMan 3 movie in Versión Original sometime soon? It's showing at the Yelmo Cine Ideal on the Plaza Jacinto Benavente between Puerta del Sol and Tirso de Molina.

There it's shown in English with Spanish subtitles and thought it'd be a good excuse to get together for a good action movie (I hear it's GREAT!) and then something to eat/drink afterwards.

MY preference is the first showing at 3:45pm (smaller crowds and shorter lines) but I understand most can't make that so we could make it in the early evening. MOST nights this month I'm attending flamenco shows throughout Madrid as part of the 2007 Suma Flamenca flamenco festival but it's not every night - but almost!

Let me know what kind of interest we have for this and we'll try to settle on a date.

Guía del Ocio: Madrid: Cine Ideal: ALL Version Original movies and schedule

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: la historiadora

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/08/07 12:30 AM

I saw the schedule of musicians for Suma Flamenca and it looks pretty fantastic. Unfortunately we don't get a lot of flamenco concerts across the pond, so you'll have to tell us all about it.

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/08/07 04:51 AM

Will do, la historiadora.

Anyone up for the SpiderMan 3 movie sometime soon?

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/09/07 06:53 AM

Boink! wave

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/10/07 02:46 AM

Boink! :jump:

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/11/07 07:17 AM

Weekday showtimes are 4:30pm, 7:30pm, & 10:30pm.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/12/07 06:57 AM

B'doink boink! laugh
Posted by: Valenciano_en_Madrid

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/12/07 09:45 AM

Hi MadridMan!

I could go with you next monday. 4:30pm is perfect to me.

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/13/07 05:05 AM

Valenciano_en_madrid, do you mean Monday, 21 May 2007?

That would be okay for me. Anyone else want to get together on that day for the movie?

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/13/07 07:17 AM

Sorry,
I meant tomorrow Monday, 14 May 2007.
In any case Monday 21 is also ok.

Saludos

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/13/07 09:06 AM

I think tomorrow would be too soon for most everyone else to plan. We should focus on a day with at least 4 days a advance notice - although it might well still be just me and you, Valenciano_en_Madrid.

How about Thursday, 17 May 2007?

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/13/07 05:27 PM

On thursday I attend my English lessons from 4 to 6 pm but I could go at 7:30pm.

Saludos

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/13/07 05:48 PM

Hmmm... Thursday at 8:30pm I have another flamenco show so the evening movie won't work for me. Hmmm... Wednesday May 16th maybe? I'm free all day/night. How about that day?

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: super lau

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/14/07 01:13 AM

MadridMan, I would totally go but I have already seen SpiderMan 3 in the U.S. In Madrid I want to be doing something Spanish! laugh Enjoy the movie, it is decent.

ciao,
Lau

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/15/07 04:14 AM

No problem, Valenciano_en_Madrid. We'll do it some other time.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/21/07 03:20 PM

I'm thinking about going to the 4:30pm show tomorrow/Tuesday at Cine Ideal. If anyone else would like to go, maybe even go to lunch beforehand, let me know.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/21/07 05:36 PM

Hi MadridMan,
I'd like to see that film but it must be any day except tuesdays and thursdays from 4 to 6pm because I attend my English lessons.

Saludos, Damián

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/21/07 06:11 PM

Okay. How about Wednesday the 23rd of this month? It starts at 4:30pm but we should meet there no later than 4:15pm, I suppose. Have you seen my photo before? If not, check out the most recent one on the MadridMan WebCam .

Hope to see you Wednesday, Valenciano_en_Madrid!

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Jamongris

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/22/07 03:08 AM

I can do this 23rd (tomorrow) at 16.30 hrs if you guys are still going. Also around for lunch beforehand too.... Can't hang around too long afterwards though, Champions League final !!

I'll read the post later.

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/22/07 03:50 AM

Hi Jamongris!
GREAT to know we'll see you again. Let's meet tomorrow/Wednesday at/towards the front door of Cine Ideal at 4:15pm or thereabouts. Having lunch beforehand does sound like a good idea but if I eat downtown somewhere, with the big portions often served, I'll likely be sleepy going into the action-packed (nearly) 3-hour movie.

See you both "At The Movies"! Anyone else is welcome.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/22/07 12:10 PM

Hi!
Ok. See you there tomorrow at 4:15pm.

Saludos

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/23/07 04:10 AM

Ok, see you guys later at 4.15 pm 'ish

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/23/07 04:15 AM

IF you can make it with the rain complicating transportation. rolleyes And I have wet laundry to hand out to dry - - - AT SOME POINT! mad

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/24/07 08:37 AM

It was good getting together with "the guys" yesterday for the movie. While, for me, the movie was just "okay" the company was excellent. We'd met at the Cine Ideal front doors at 4:15pm and just after walking inside it began to rain.

After the movie, we three went to the Museo del Jamón on Calle Mayor, just west of Puerta del Sol for some beers and some free tapas. After that, Jamongris had to go and Valenciano_en_Madrid took me to an nice little bar just at the bottom of the steps of El Arco de Cuchilleros of the Plaza Mayor. There, we enjoyed 2 INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS Belgian beers each; one inside and the second on the terraza. There, we talked more easily without the blare of the TV playing the soccer game.

Looking forward to the next get together. Nice meeting you, Valencian_en_Madrid and good seeing you again, Jamongris.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/25/07 02:51 AM

I enjoyed the film more than the others, I think. Shame I missed the Belgium beers. Still hopefully next time.

Cheers, Jamongris

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/25/07 06:48 PM

Well, for me the film wasn't too bad. The special effects were great at least.
It was a pleasure to meet you two.

Jamongris we can have one or two beers at CAFEKE bar any other day.
According to the owner, a Mexican lady who lived in Belgium for a few years, there are only 17 places in the world where you can have real Chimay trappist TAP beer, made by the monks themshelves, in Madrid is the only one place. Tap Chimay tastes different from the bottled ones, much more aromatic.

Cheers

Re: Madrid: SpiderMan3 Get-together? - 05/28/07 03:59 AM

Velenciano, you´re on. It sounds too good to miss. Looking forward to it in the near future.