Madrid: Lunch 15 November anyone ?

Posted by: Jamongris

Madrid: Lunch 15 November anyone ? - 11/07/06 11:28 AM

Any one about for a bit of lunch mid November, say Wednesday 15th ?

Time and location flexible, wine compulsory (well for me anyway) smile
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madrid: Lunch 15 November anyone ? - 11/07/06 01:24 PM

Put me down for a PROBABLE for Wednesday, November 15th. Sounds like a great idea. We'll also have to schedule a "Party with MadridMan in Madrid" one of these days soon too.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid: Lunch 15 November anyone ? - 11/08/06 10:36 AM

Any ideas about WHERE we should have the lunch?

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid: Lunch 15 November anyone ? - 11/09/06 05:02 AM

I´m open to suggestions but one place I like is La Montería, c/Lope de Rueda, 35 in the Retiro/Ibiza area.

It is more of a tapas/raciones standing up place than a menu but has lots of atmosphere and good food and wine.

The area in general has a good selection of these sort of bars.

Re: Madrid: Lunch 15 November anyone ? - 11/09/06 05:24 AM

Never heard of the place but I'd be willing to try it. And you're rather sure they're open around the lunch time?

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid: Lunch 15 November anyone ? - 11/10/06 12:47 AM

Yes I´ve had a few lunches there. They do have some tables round the back if standing is not appealing.

The only thing that might make it unsuitable is if we get a large turnout, it´s not that spacious and usually quite busy.

Re: Madrid: Lunch 15 November anyone ? - 11/10/06 03:32 AM

I wouldn't worry much about the large turnout this time around. Looks like it'll just be you and me.

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: neilstrauss23

Re: Madrid: Lunch 15 November anyone ? - 11/10/06 07:06 AM

who told you guys that jamongris and MadridMan. only. count the other as well.. i may come as well...jejeje (",)
Neil

PS: when we will organize. MADRIDMAN NIGHT PARTY with total costume and confetti, include balloons,wines etc as well?..
Posted by: Mercedes Pacifica

Re: Madrid: Lunch 15 November anyone ? - 11/11/06 05:11 AM

After the summer break, I think is about time to restart the good and fun habits as lunches from MadridMan. See you all on wednesday

Re: Madrid: Lunch 15 November anyone ? - 11/12/06 03:23 PM

See you all at La Montería at, say, 1:30pm to beat the crowds. I'll wait outside the door unless it's raining.

La Montería is on the corner of Calle de Lope de Rueda and Calle del Doctor Constelo. This is on the east side of the Retiro Park.

Closest metro station is the Princípe de Vergara on Calle de Alcalá, very near the Northeastern corner of the Retiro Park. The bar is about 3-4 blocks south from that station.

See location map HERE .

Until Wednesday, MadridMan laugh

Re: Madrid: Lunch 15 November anyone ? - 11/14/06 02:26 AM

I´ll be there about then too.

Looking foward to it and meeting anyone else who hasn´t posted but fancies a quick spot of lunch.

Re: Madrid: Lunch 15 November anyone ? - 11/15/06 11:59 AM

What a nice, standing lunch we had at La Montería - and what a nice area! In total, we were one United Statesen laugh , two English, and one Spaniard. I think I had about 5 or 6 glasses of wine (in which they specialize) and the four of us all shared the chopitos, rabo del toro, tuna, and the deer meat. Wow. It was all so good. And, of course, after 2 glasses of wine we were all chatting like crazy even more than before. Lots of smartly dressed men, both young and old, were in there for lunch. The dining room was full so we stayed out at the bar and had a window seat and stools. What fun. The 2.5 hour "event" was a wonderful success. Can't wait for the next time.

Re: Madrid: Lunch 15 November anyone ? - 11/16/06 04:06 AM

Really enjoyed it myself too. Nice to see/meet you all again. Looking forward to the next "lunch bunch" meeting.
Posted by: La Sorpresa

Re: Madrid: Lunch 15 November anyone ? - 11/16/06 10:27 AM

Thanks for posting so quickly about what you had to eat. I live for those kind of memories........sigh rolleyes