Searching for former exchange student

Posted by: Scott Kruse

Searching for former exchange student - 08/16/06 07:49 AM

I am searching for my Spanish "son," Carlos Molero. He was my wife's and my exhcange student in 1994. He came back to visit us the summer of 1995. He and I ended on a strained note and today (August 16th) happens to be his 30th birthday. I have tried in vain to find him and am hoping someone can help me find him. My wife, Sandie, and I both miss him and want him to know that we love him very much and want to wish him a very happy birthday. Also, Carlos used to tell us he would bring us luck. He knew right before he left that we got pregnant. He doesn't know that we had twins - so he did bring us much luck. I am open to any help anyong can give.

Thank you!

Scott Kruse
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Searching for former exchange student - 08/16/06 09:44 AM

Do you know WHERE in Spain he was living? Too bad you don't know his second last name. You could check http://www.PaginasBlancas.es - Spain's online white pages - but you'll need at the very least the Province in which he lives.

Also, if he's only 30 he may still be living with his parents (common in Spain) and this'll make finding him even more difficult since the phone bill will be in his father's name (or mother's name if the father is no longer living).

Good luck and hope the twins are doing well! Happy Birthday to Carlos, too.

Saludos, MadridMan smile

Re: Searching for former exchange student - 08/16/06 09:56 AM

Carlos' full name is:

Carlos Molero Navarro. I know that his parents are both lawyers and his father is also Carlos Molero. I found a listing for Carlos Molero Manglano as a lawyer and tried to contact the number, but always get a voice message that does not allow a message to be left. I know that things with Carlos and his father at the time we hosted him were strained. Carlos, the last I knew, lives in Madrid. (This is where I found the listing for the man I think is his father - the attorney). Thanks for your help - maybe this info can help a little more.

Have a good day!

Scott
Posted by: Torrales

Re: Searching for former exchange student - 08/16/06 03:21 PM

I did a search on the Website mentioned by MadridMan, and these are the results . There are only 10 entries for Carlos Molero in the province of Madrid. 3 of them are not from Madrid city itself, but from suburbs (Coslada, Leganes and Valdemoro). That leaves only 7. 2 of them belong to the same lawyer you mention in your post, being one of them a fax number (the one prefixed with an 'F'). The first name of two more is not really Carlos, but Juan Carlos.

So you have 4 chances to give a try. Not the hardest task in the world if you really wish to contact him. Just remember to dial the international access code from the US (can't remember now what it is) plus '34' (the Spanish Country Code) plus the nine digits that appear in the page.

Good luck!
Posted by: CascadaDuSel

Re: Searching for former exchange student - 08/16/06 08:43 PM

He would need to dial 011 34 then the 9 digit number.

Good Luck - this sounds like such an interesting story - I really hope you find him!!

Re: Searching for former exchange student - 08/17/06 07:42 AM

Thank you for your help. I did the same search and I did not call these other numbers as I know that Carlos' second last name is Navarro. For some reason, I cannot get through on the man whom I think is Carlos' father (Carlos Molero Manglano). I always get a voice mail then immediately afterwards a message saying that the "caller is no longer on the line." I did fax a message and it evidently went through, but again, no response. I am open to any other ideas as well. Thanks for your help! (I will try the numnbers again today!

Scott

Re: Searching for former exchange student - 08/17/06 10:50 AM

I have an update....I think...

I did some looking at Carlos Molero Manglano's yeelow page and found on his agenda section a listing for Carlos Navarro Molero a phone number. I left a message at that number. The listing for Carlos Navarro Molero's ciudad is Navalcarnero. Is this a section of Madrid?

Thanks for your assistance.

Scott

Re: Searching for former exchange student - 08/17/06 11:59 AM

Navalcarnero is a village not in the CITY of Madrid but it is in the "Comunidad de Madrid" (like a "Province").

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Searching for former exchange student - 09/05/06 01:11 PM

Well, I have some news....

Carlos father e-mailed me yesterday and let me know that "Carlos is far from Madrid and it is not easy to contact him." So...I know he's alive, but his father was pretty vague on this. So I e-mailed his father back and told him to please have Carlos contact me. (My two guesses are that Carlos is either in the armed services of some kind or jail....who knows).

Thanks for the help.

Scott
Posted by: CascadaDuSel

Re: Searching for former exchange student - 09/05/06 08:56 PM

Well that doesnt sound so promising... armed services would most likely have email so its probably the other thing you mentioned.. Sorry it wasnt a happier outcome.

Re: Searching for former exchange student - 09/06/06 02:15 AM

Scott Kruse, that kind of response from the father almost sounds like a "leave my son alone" statement or maybe he was just being cautious until he spoke with his son about your request. Or maybe he's still on vacation - something Spaniards do in the summer months. Or maybe he's working abroad. Hard to say. But please do keep us posted.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Searching for former exchange student - 09/06/06 10:14 AM

Thank you all for your support. I know that Carlos and his father had a very strained relationship when he was with us. His father did again thank me for being so good to his son when he was with us in the recent message.

At this point, I will continue to pray and see what happens.

Thanks again for the support and info!

Scott

Re: Searching for former exchange student - 09/19/06 07:52 AM

I have another update....

Carlos' father e-mailed me again to let me know that Carlos is not doing very well and gave me more specifics that I will keep to myself. Sr. Molero and I now have active dialogue via e-mail and he has even asked for my input given Carlos' struggles. I have yet to be able to communicate with Carlos, but I am getting closer. Please keep this family in your prayers.

Thanks again for all the support!

Scott