Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs

Posted by: MadridMan

Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/20/06 04:19 AM

Let's do lunch in Madrid, Thursday June 29th, 1:45pm.

So far esperanza (and her daughters) and I will be attending. Everyone is welcome. Put-in-here with lunch location suggestions.

Saludos, MadridMan smile
Posted by: Bill from NYC

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/20/06 08:07 AM

Someone should bring a camera take a few photos to share with those who are not lucky to go. thumbsup

Bill
Posted by: laduque

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/20/06 02:03 PM

Yippee!!! I'll be there, count me in and my hubby too!

Where will it be?!

See you there.
Posted by: Torrales

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/20/06 03:31 PM

If you decide to go to the Chueca area, like in other MadridMan events (Bazaar), remember that on that date the Gay Pride Week festivities will be in their efervescence. Can be colourful.

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/20/06 03:40 PM

REAllY!? Didn't know that. That's good information to have. Maybe, instead, we'll choose someplace "south" of the Gran Vía in that case.

laduque, glad I'll get to see you and your husband!

Anyone want to "put in" their restaurant suggestions?

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: esperanza

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/20/06 05:26 PM

Yeah! This is going to be fun! Laduque, I am so glad you can make it next Thursday too! Being Gay Pride week should make the city even more colorful for sure. MadridMan, is there any place that YOU particularly like? A place with good aire conditioning would be extremely nice! laugh

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/21/06 08:36 AM

Well, to be true, the biggest attendance events will be held from Friday evening to Sunday evening. On Saturday evening, half a million people is expected in the Puerta de Alcala-Gran Via-Plaza de España parade.

I have taken a glance on the Madrid Gay Pride Official Website, MADO (English version available, but less updated than the Spanish one, I'm afraid) and the most attractive event on Thursday will be the "Guys on Heels Race" laugh at Calle Pelayo (7:30p)

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/22/06 10:12 AM

esperanza, I may take you all to the good-ol'-standby restaurant, "La Sanabresa" on Calle Amor de Dios. I haven't been there in awhile - not since Merecedes and I went there in the spring (or was it winter still?). I'll give it some more thought. I'll make a decision and post it on Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Saludos, MadridMan thumbsup

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/22/06 10:25 AM

I was also thinking of La Finca de Susana, a place that you all have been to before, but I haven't been there. I don't know La Sanabresa either, so whatever you decide will be great.

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/22/06 01:03 PM

Either is great with me too, just post address and some directions too.

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/22/06 02:33 PM

I haven't been to La Finca de Susana in quite awhile but it is on the edge of Chueca so maybe it'll be full with all the "festivities" going on in the area.

I'll keep you all posted. Saludos, MadridMan smile

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/25/06 02:54 PM

Hope you haven't all forgotten about our lunch on Thursday. Check-in tomorrow (Monday) for the final decision on the lunch meeting place. thumbsup

I'm looking forward to it!

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: neilstrauss23

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/26/06 08:12 AM

i can make it as well, maybe i could join.. ill let u know guys this coming wednesday...its my first time to meet with the guys at madridman!

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/26/06 08:52 AM

OKAY! Seems like "La Puebla" is becoming a new MadridMan Favorite. We've had, now, 2 of these MadridMan lunches there. RELIABLE & Economical. I choose this place because, unlike at busy (and good) "La Sanabresa", we can put 2 or 3 tables together without problem because at 1:45pm there are few people - by 2:30pm the place will be FULL. Plus, there's a large selection for their TWO Menús del Día.

Let's meet to eat at 1:45pm @ La Puebla @ Calle Ventura de la Vega, 12 , near Puerta del Sol on the edge of the Huertas neighborhood.

[img]http://qdqphotos.mappy.com/1/c/tbf/user=esphoto;uri=XHI2yGfU9OoT8TRmVoWolKpiMP91PJQVcLyG9a1UJfb8mG40oUXwV6aglK3yWsEnVaogfrEKppmRbdeuCMJeE6Dt/8iQpRxB99+iLGb8wq0pufm5mHPNpGFXiLCpHtO6MPBArHS/Sc7XEJZ4nytwxJjG8g7KeqSMNgwYKbF/r5q3m76SQDWHPA==[/img]

See you all on Thursday, June 29th! And if there are others reading this who are NOT message board members - no problem. Come anyway! WE'LL be standing outside the door at 1:45pm.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/27/06 06:45 AM

<yeah, see you then, we may be bringing our little one too.

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/27/06 07:57 AM

Looking forward to it too! see you then!

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/28/06 08:50 AM

See you all tomorrow/Thursday! You'll find me/us waiting outside the door at 1:45pm.

Saludos, MadridMan wave
Posted by: Jamongris

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/28/06 02:58 PM

At last a date I can make for the infamous lunch bunch.

Assuming you don´t mind a bit of English representation, I look forward to meeting you all tomorrow. laugh

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/29/06 04:01 AM

See you all in about 4 hours! wave

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Rob in Madrid

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/29/06 05:07 AM

hey good thing I checked, didn't realize there was another dinner coming see you in a few hours
Posted by: La Sorpresa

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/29/06 09:46 AM

Don't forget to give us all the details...we are hungry here in the states!!!!!!!
Posted by: CascadaDuSel

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/29/06 11:03 AM

Im starving.. I want to hear what everytone ate :-)

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/29/06 05:33 PM

Hi everybody! Ooh ooh Oooh! What a lunch! La Puebla was PREDICTABLY good! What a value and what good food!

There were 11 of us total. What a surprising turnout! Great to meet many of you for the first time and learn about your lives. We always have such interesting people attending these lunches.

I had the pasta salad for the first course. I, along with a number of others, had the Garlic Chicken with boiled potatoes as the second course. Finally, I had the "pudding". Finally, coffee.

After all the good food and conversation a few of us went to a terraza in Plaza Santa Ana for a drink. Unfortunately, I could only stay for one white wine before leaving for an appointment near SOL.

ABOVE: Clockwise starting at lower left: users esperanza, esperanza's daughter (Marisa?), user laduque, Juan (laduque's husband), Lucia Paz (not-pictured: Juan and laduque's 2 year old daughter), user neilstrauss23, user Jamongris, user steve robinson, user Tim Hortons Man, and MadridMan (not pictured because he's taking the picture!).

ABOVE: L-R: Marisa (esperanza's daughter), esperanza, laduque

ABOVE: L-R: neilstrauss23, Jamongris, steve robinson, Tim Hortons Man

ABOVE: L-R: Elena, Marisa (or is it Marisa and Elena? sorry!) - both esperanza's daughters

ABOVE: L-R: esperanza and laduque speaking

ABOVE: La Puebla restaurant - quite popular! See Juan, laduque's husband in the far background, probably "rounding up" little daughter Lucia Paz

Hope you all enjoyed yourselves as much as I did! We'll have to do it again sometime soon - but probably not with the same people as many of them were "just passing through". GREAT to meet you all, though.

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Bill from NYC

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/30/06 08:10 AM

MadridMan

I really enjoy the photos and commentary. Thanks for sharing! cloud9

Bill

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/30/06 08:24 AM

Quote:
Hi everybody! Ooh ooh Oooh! What a lunch! La Puebla was PREDICTABLY good! What a value and what good food!
He, he, I think I should ask La Puebla's owners a commission for being their 'discoverer' in this forum. smile

I am glad you enjoyed your lunch, and many thanks for the pics.

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/30/06 09:55 AM

YES, Torrales! It was all because of your recommendation last, what, February. Hopefully YOU can make it to one of them someday. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/30/06 01:43 PM

What a great time! It was wonderful to talk to MM and the English representation. Esperanza, I had such a fabulous time talking to you, I feel we are connected, thanks to MM.

La Puebla was a really good recommendation!! We will definitely go back!

I¨m glad we could make to a lunch with all you!!
Posted by: Jamongris

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/30/06 02:42 PM

I really enjoyed lunch too. As a newby with the "lunch bunch" I wasn't sure quite what to expect, but everyone's really nice and friendly... and then there was the food.

This restaurant really is as good as everyone is saying. Such an extensive menu for about 10 euros and, it seemed, as much wine as you cared to order. The red was certainly acceptable as a table wine, and I tried a few glasses just to make sure laugh For the record I had setas a la plancha con jamon, or was it setas con jamon a la plancha ? followed by filete de ternera con patatas fritas. All very good.

I look forward to doing this again, nice to meet you all, it was indeed a 'neat' lunch. clap

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/30/06 05:06 PM

I agree with you all, it was a fabulous time! My girls and I really enjoyed meeting each and every one of you! The lunch was very good, especially for the price. For anyone interested, I had the gazpacho and the trucha a la navarra (pan fried trout stuffed with jamón serrano) and melon for dessert. I agree that the red wine was very drinkable too. My daughters had the creme of carrot soup and the garlic chicken, which was very tasty and nice and garlicy...and for dessert there was rice pudding! All in all a good lunch, but what made it very special was meeting MadridMan (finally! smile ) and the others! Laduque, I agree that we have connected! I would have loved to speak more with your husband though! And our sobremesa on the Plaza Santa Ana was fun too!
Thank you for organizing this MadridMan! It was a memorable way to begin our summer in Spain.
Posted by: ned

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 06/30/06 09:49 PM

....good to see "y'all" had a good time...i really would have liked to have joined you but no-one put up the air fare!!. The pics help to make it a 'live' thread.

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 07/02/06 03:57 PM

Quote:
Hopefully YOU can make it to one of them someday.
I wish I could. But I work 9 to 6 most of the year. Only in summer, I have a reduced work schedule, from 9 to 3:30, but too late for a lunch downtown anyway. For me, the Spanish siesta is almost a myth... frown
Posted by: neilstrauss23

Re: Madrid Lunch: June29th Thurs - 07/04/06 12:29 PM

Hey guys,

It was a wonderful day that i went with this lunch,I come to knew people and talk with them and the place was so good as well..although i have no time to go with you guys after the lunch for a drink,maybe the next round would be..

Great day!

Neilstrauss23