Madrid Night in New York City anyone???

Posted by: Bobster

Madrid Night in New York City anyone??? - 01/18/06 09:11 PM

Hey guys,

We've had a few "Madrid Nights" in the past, and I think it's time to gather Richie (Joe Sambuca) and the rest of the NYC contingency for another night of tapas, sangria, and marcha hasta las 4 de la manana! Of course, the more the merrier. It seems like there are some new people on this website from the area, hope to see some new faces at this dinner!

I was thinking maybe we could do something around the 3rd or 4th of February... who's game?

- Bobby
Posted by: JoeSambuca

Re: Madrid Night in New York City anyone??? - 01/21/06 10:28 PM

Bobster:
You crazy ....guy
I'm always in for tapas....set it up!
Posted by: Mercedes Pacifica

Re: Madrid Night in New York City anyone??? - 01/22/06 06:33 AM

Hi east coasters!

I just move back from the west coast and it will be great to have fun and good food in the madrileņa night with you, keep me posted!

Looking forward to it,

Mercedes

Re: Madrid Night in New York City anyone??? - 01/23/06 08:15 AM

OK great, already a couple people interested... any recommendations of good restaurants you've been to? I am leaning towards Friday Feb 3 because I might be skiing Sunday and would have to go to bed early Saturday. Does that work for both of you?

Re: Madrid Night in New York City anyone??? - 01/26/06 08:22 AM

Hey!

Friday 3rd works for me. I don´t know many restaurants yet. There are a couple that I´m curious about, they belong to the same owner of ¨La gloria de Montera¨ on Caballero de Gracia, which I really like: good food and good price. Names are ¨Bazar¨(Chueca)and ¨La finca de Susana¨(near Sol). Happy to explore your suggestions too.

Mercedes
Posted by: Bill from NYC

Re: Madrid Night in New York City anyone??? - 01/26/06 09:02 AM

There is Suba on 109 Ludlow Street Suba Website that has wines and tapas tasting on Wednesday night.

Click the Entertainment menu of the right side, then click on Schedule and scroll down pass the movies.

I have not been here yet.

Bill

Re: Madrid Night in New York City anyone??? - 01/30/06 12:23 AM

Suba is like a date place it's sort of like Solera on East 53rds. Great place but I don't think it's good for a gathering. Let's go to a more traditional old school Tapas place, Cafe Riazor or Costa Del Sol.

P.S: I went to this awesome tapas place in LIC (Long Island City) right next to the citi-corp building called Pimentons. Free Flemenco show on Friday's...really good food!

Re: Madrid Night in New York City anyone??? - 01/30/06 07:13 PM

Hey guys!

This is a confused madrileņa in Madrid (adjustment is getting tough). So have fun in New York for now, maybe in the future we will in this side of the Atlantic.

Mercedes

Re: Madrid Night in New York City anyone??? - 02/02/06 09:57 AM

Pimentons sounds great. You guys want to shoot to meet there tomorrow evening around 9 pm? Looks like it's Rich, Bill, and me. I'm sure we will round up more people as the night progresses! Let me know if that works for you two, and anyone else that wants to join in (or if Mercedes wants to fly in for the weekend to party with us!), you are welcome to come along!

Re: Madrid Night in New York City anyone??? - 02/02/06 09:08 PM

Dude!
I have to be on the Island of Manhattan because I'm coming via brooklyn. Email me dude, I'll give you my new cell, rcnyc@u2email.com.
I'll get it on my blackberry

Re: Madrid Night in New York City anyone??? - 02/03/06 10:18 PM

Hey Rich,

Let's shoot for another night. I tried calling your cell this afternoon (I didn't have internet access) and some young girl picked up. Looks like Bill can't make it out either, it never used to be so hard to get a group together for a Madrid night before!
Posted by: rocketshipjack

Re: Madrid Night in New York City anyone??? - 02/05/06 04:19 AM

Hey Mercedes, I must admit I was a bit confused myself. But I'm here in Spain, not far from Madrid, and suggest we try to organize our own "git-to-gether" for tapas, bebes y hablando. I don't know many people in the area and would love to meet some folks. Any ideas? anyone else from the area interested in a "git-to-gether"??? in Madrid?

rocketshipjack
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madrid Night in New York City anyone??? - 02/05/06 04:34 AM

rocketshipjack wrote:
Quote:
Any ideas? anyone else from the area interested in a "git-to-gether"??? in Madrid?
YES! We have get togethers all the time here. In fact, I got together just last week with someone from the message here in Madrid. Plus, here in this forum category ("Classifieds & Personals") there are often postings of want-to-get-togethers. We'll have another "Party with MadridMan in Madrid" in the next month or so too so keep your eyes on this forum category.

Have fun in New York City, people! Hope someone will take photos and post them too.

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: rocketshipjack

Re: Madrid Night in New York City anyone??? - 02/07/06 06:30 AM

Hey MM, I was a away for a few days, but I am back now. Ok, I will keep an eye out for the when and where of a gathering of folks. Hope to see you all soon.

rsj