Wanted: Madrid Reina Sofia English Guide

Posted by: jeflaf

Wanted: Madrid Reina Sofia English Guide - 10/26/05 07:47 PM

Hello all, I visited Madrid almost a year ago, and the one regret I have is I didn't get and English guide to the Reina Sofia museum, I have looked online but I cannot find one for this year, or any. Is there anyone currently in MAdrid that might be able to help we get one, of course I will pay for it and shipping to the US. Please it was one of my favorite places. HElp

JEff
Posted by: Antonio

Re: Wanted: Madrid Reina Sofia English Guide - 10/27/05 04:48 PM

According to Reina Sofía\'s site they have audioguides. They also have free guided tours gor the general public:
Mondays and Wednesdays: 17.00; Saturdays: 11.00
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Wanted: Madrid Reina Sofia English Guide - 10/27/05 09:18 PM

Antonio, do you think a Book Guide with photos and information about the Museo Reina Sofía might be available for sale?

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Antonio

Re: Wanted: Madrid Reina Sofia English Guide - 11/01/05 12:08 PM

They have a small shop and they sell books among other things.
Posted by: madridmadridmadrid

Re: Wanted: Madrid Reina Sofia English Guide - 11/01/05 01:44 PM

The Reina Sofia has a lot of different guides from little ones to big exhaustive ones. What is your price range? They also have little inexpensive guides for particular artists (Miro, Dali, Picasso, etc.) and for specific works (like Guernica).

I go really frequently, so I can pick one up for you the next time I go--probably next week. In fact, when I went this past weekend, they were having quite a sale on posters, post cards, and guides.

Incidentally, the new wing of the Reina Sofia has a great bookstore, an impressive library, and a swanky new cafe. You don't have to pay to go to any of these--just enter on the back side of the museum where the new building is.
Posted by: Andrés

Re: Wanted: Madrid Reina Sofia English Guide - 11/18/05 04:26 AM

Not exactly what you are looking for, but not away either:

http://www.madridmuseumtours.com/dayinmadrid.html