Sevilla: Hanging Out

Posted by: SHC11

Sevilla: Hanging Out - 11/08/04 02:59 PM

Hola,

I have been in Madrid for my solo trip and people here are very nice. However, due to my limited Spanish (itīs much easier for me to speak than to understand, especially since everyone talks so fast), I am slowly going loco. I was hoping to avoid the pubs since there are so many great cafes, etc. Though, if pressed, I will probably break down soon enough. :p

Since I will be leaving Madrid on Nov. 10, I figure itīs too late to put out a call for English speakers who want to hang out (let me know if otherwise). So, please let me know if youīre up for coffee & chat or dinner in Sevilla from Nov. 10-12. After that, itīs off to Granada.

FYI: My interests are - music (house, rock, pop), books, food. I had a bocaito de cangrejo, among others, (at Bocaito in Chueca) and I still donīt know what it was but it was muy sabroso.

smile
ĄHasta luego!
Posted by: Anchovy Front

Re: Sevilla: Hanging Out - 11/09/04 06:20 AM

Ah, you've had crabs eek .... in your sandwich, I mean wink

Maybe you will see this before you leave Sevilla, if not I hope you had a great time in my favourite city. If you are still there, try one of the Irish pubs such as Flaherty's next to the cathedral, or Madigan's at Plaza de Cuba just across the river in Triana, where you will come across lots of English speakers having fun with good music in the background.
Posted by: SHC11

Re: Sevilla: Hanging Out - 11/15/04 01:29 PM

Thanks Anchovy Front. Iīm about to take off from Granada to Barcelona but Sevilla was great. I met some interesting people there, a couple at Flahertyīs, and also some here. People here are so friendly.

Hasta luego.

Shawn
Posted by: Anchovy Front

Re: Sevilla: Hanging Out - 11/16/04 07:14 AM

Glad to hear you enjoyed Sevilla, Shawn. Then agin, how could anybody not do so? laugh

We're spending a couple of nights in Granada in December and I admit I don't know too many places there. Can you remember the names of good bars and restaurants you visited?