I´m Bored in Madrid!

Posted by: Anitayole

I´m Bored in Madrid! - 05/24/04 12:21 PM

Hi everyone!!!!
yesh, Im new. Right! introductions: half spanish half scottish, been for the past 4 years in Scotland and recently returned to my home land, madrid. Now,since I´m back I want to meet new friendlychilledoutfunnyout-going ..UF!!! people (sorry, I know the list is long!) rolleyes
I´M VERY BORED!!!! lol, I know it sounds pathetic to say it, but it is true!!! lol, since I have been back I have been in the same places with the same school friends every WEEKEND!!!! zzzzzzzzzz :o it is killing me...!!! mad (Im not in school anymore by the way)
Please.... suggestions, people, write to me, Im not a psyco by the way, quite balanced LOL hahaha..yeah and very sad for laughing at my own jokes!!! laugh laugh laugh
Ok, well I´ll be waiting for replies..Im already waiting...im just staying in front of the PC ..staring and not moving till I get a reply...Hurry up!!!...lol

Besitoooossssss ole ole and eleeii cool
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: I´m Bored in Madrid! - 05/24/04 12:53 PM

First, a BIG welcome to you to our little ALL SPAIN Message Board! smile

I'd be thrilled to meet you at, say, El Brillante for a big, cold glass of San Miguel (because they don't serve Mahou there) to go along with a humongous bocadillo de calamares and some patatas bravas on the side. Mmmm.. Too bad their terraza is still closed.

But you've come to the right place as we have many many message board members who are Spaniards and non-Spaniards living in Madrid.

Get yourself a friend, rent a row-boat, and go paddling across the Retiro Park lake. I've always wanted to do that but still haven't. eek Unbelievable, I'd say. Looks like so much fun. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: I´m Bored in Madrid! - 05/24/04 01:15 PM

Right pal! thanks for the welcoming!!
mmmmm bocaaadiiiillloooo de calaaamaaresss rolleyes rolleyes ..GOd i´m starving.
Well thanks again, I´ll have a look in here...see how i get on..in my "searching for friends" mission´.Yep, am on a mission!!!
laugh laugh

Ta luego!!!!! wink
Posted by: Miguelito

Re: I´m Bored in Madrid! - 05/24/04 04:56 PM

ja ja, are you still in front of the PC? eek
I'ld go for cañas or just laughing, someone else wants to join?
The best days for me are Mondays and Thursdays

Re: I´m Bored in Madrid! - 05/25/04 03:48 AM

WEll good morning!, well not for me, as I promised I stayed in front of the pC all NIGHT LONG!! God, im a machine!!
About the boat thing in the retiro?? did´n´t I hear somewhere that the water stinks and is so bad that if u happen to fall in (which would happen to me) u can end up blind???Did i dream this?? hasnt anyone heared about this? joer tronco, que fuerte!
Right, back to work, and for god sake, write to me,I am starting to reply to my own messages !!!

About the cañas, that would be cool, I´ll wear a pink tutu and bright yellow leggins and massive platforms so u recognise me!!

Thursdays are cool for me.

ciao, bye, ta luego, ta lo huevo, avoir ...... laugh
Posted by: Chica

Re: I´m Bored in Madrid! - 05/25/04 11:45 AM

Anita --

your posts are cracking me up! laugh

I don´t think falling into the lake at the Retiro will make you blind. I was thrown in many moons ago and can still see just fine... well, with the help of my lentillas! wink
Posted by: Asterault

Re: I´m Bored in Madrid! - 05/25/04 11:59 AM

But Chica what about those strange tumors and muscle spasms? laugh
Posted by: Chica

Re: I´m Bored in Madrid! - 05/25/04 03:48 PM

Asterault... shhhhhhh.... don´t tell her abouth that! You´ll scare her and then Madridman´s plan won´t work!
Posted by: GoMadrid

Re: I´m Bored in Madrid! - 05/25/04 04:41 PM

MadridMan: Just a note about El Brillante...

Their terraza bordering Paseo del Prado is closed, but those clever Spaniards have put out tables and chairs on the other side. You know the walkway from Reina Sofía to Calle de Atocha?

Now you can go have your bocadillo....
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: I´m Bored in Madrid! - 05/25/04 06:27 PM

GoMadrid, how do you know this? That they put tables up on the pedestrian side of the building?? There were no tables there when I was there for lunch last month - when YOU were in Madrid. Do you have some "inside source" or something? wink

Regaring the Retiro lake, it was drained and dredged a couple years ago so it should be (still) fine now. I read somewhere that it costs about, what, 8 Euros to take a rowboat on the lake for, what, 45 minutes. Is that true? Anyone know the facts about this? Years ago I asked the man at "the marina" (hehehe.. wink ) how much it was and the price seemed very very high.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: I´m Bored in Madrid! - 05/26/04 03:27 AM

JESUS!!! so u are all for real about the retiro lake?? I thought u were joking on this!!!! ..UF...I should go and get a pair of googles cool and space suit just in case I fall in.....!!!!! laugh

AAAAWWWWW anyway, Im so tired zzzzzzzzzzz back to work!!!
By the way, anyone coming to Paul Mcartney (however the hell u spell this) concert? I´m going ths Sunday, is going to be great, the only problem is that he is going to play 30 songs !!!! and I have to be standing up all the time!!!

Right pals, have a great day all of youse,

ciao, bye, ta luego, adios,avoir, rolleyes

Anita y oleee eleeeiiii oleeeeee!!! viva pallela