House for rent - Costa del Sol

Posted by: Anchovy Front

House for rent - Costa del Sol - 06/25/03 09:14 AM

We rent out our house for July and August each year and we've just heard that the rental for the last three weeks in July has fallen through, so we have from 8th July to 27th July free. Actually, the rent isn't free, laugh but it is a MadridMan member special offer of just 575 € per week!!

So if you fancy spending some time to chill out, do a bit of sightseeing or just flop by the cool pool, e-mail me. The house is located between Estepona and San Pedro de Alcantara. Fifteen minutes from Marbella, ten minutes to Estepona and Puerto Banus and has two double bedrooms and ensuite bathrooms and is a couple of minutes walk from the beach. See more here.... Our house
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: House for rent - Costa del Sol - 06/25/03 10:13 AM

WOW! eek Who'dathunk that our own Anchovy Front lived like THIS! My goodness! IMPRESSIVE! And thanks for offering us the SPECIAL discount offer for message board members! That's definitely affordable, MUCH cheaper than a hotel, AND a VERY spacious place you have... WITH A POOL! Beautiful photos. I'd think some people with NOW BUY their plane tickets simply knowing they (might) have rented your house.

And... where will YOU be?

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: House for rent - Costa del Sol - 06/25/03 10:32 AM

Steady on, MM, it's not exactly a palace, but it feels like that to us! laugh Gracias to you for allowing me to see if I can tempt anyone with a couple of weeks in the sun.... it's a bit warm these days down here!! By the way, the pool is a communal one, but there are only about twenty houses in a square that use it. Nice mixture of folk in summer too, mainly Spaniards from the Madrid and Sevilla areas, so a jolly atmosphere prevails. A car is probably required, although there is a bus stop outside the development. Of course you qualify for a freebie night or two if you pop over to se us, MM! rolleyes

We'll be doing our usual hobo impressions for a few weeks, when we sleep on my sister in law's sofa bed during the week in her little one bed apartment and then head off to the Atlantic coast and camp around the Tarifa area for the weekends... bliss! laugh

Re: House for rent - Costa del Sol - 07/03/03 03:40 AM

Did I mention it comes fully equipped of course with air-con, DVD, CD player, Sat TV and optional woman / man depending on preference? wink
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: House for rent - Costa del Sol - 07/03/03 08:45 PM

What a shame it isnt free first 2 weeks in sept.
Optional woman included would have been ideal too rolleyes DAMN
Spike

Re: House for rent - Costa del Sol - 07/04/03 09:28 AM

Tent available for September, spike! laugh

By the way the optional person isn't included in the price, it's an optional extra wink
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: House for rent - Costa del Sol - 07/04/03 09:57 AM

Yeah! Do you have any attractive, single neighbors by chance?? eek

Re: House for rent - Costa del Sol - 07/04/03 10:18 AM

I can't answer that one on the grounds that I may incriminate myself wink

However, now you come to mention it .... laugh
Posted by: Jo-Anne

Re: House for rent - Costa del Sol - 07/04/03 11:20 AM

Men!

I've heard these optional women can be very dodgy wink You should know better rolleyes

Would you recommend that prospective visitors bring their own cd's Anchovy? I've heard that the resident collection is not so interesting eek

Sorry, back to the real topic .. I wish I could come and stay and enjoy the area and all it has to offer, it looks and sounds great .. however, I have a compulsory visit to Hull instead rolleyes + cool

Jo

Re: House for rent - Costa del Sol - 07/07/03 03:31 AM

Personally I think everyone would give anything for the chance to stay in Hull.... eek

I think you're right about suggesting people bring their own cd's. Hopefully they will be able to make the thing work. I can't use it no matter how I try. The slot seems too small to take the records and I've scratched the vinyl on a few of them trying to push them into it. I'm not sure there's a stylus either because I've even taken it to pieces to try and find it and still can't locate where it should be. If anyone could help....? frown
Posted by: Wolf

Re: House for rent - Costa del Sol - 07/07/03 06:00 AM

Anchovy,

You have a beautiful home, and I think your offering to board members at that price is more than fair. From what I've seen of the rentals through normal channels, you're offering people a lot more home, a cozier atmosphere, and at a more than reasonable price.

It's going to fill up fast. My guess is, it does every year.

Wolf

Re: House for rent - Costa del Sol - 07/07/03 07:50 AM

Thanks for that, Wolf! Your ten per cent will be winging its way to you shortly! I only hope the renters won't disturb you in your niche in the cupboard under the stairs. My only worry is that they forget to leave the food and beer out for you as you requested. laugh

Re: House for rent - Costa del Sol - 07/07/03 09:22 AM

laugh You golden tongued devil... You know what keeps me happy..... beer and a fresh flea collar every six months.... wink

Wolf

Re: House for rent - Costa del Sol - 07/10/03 04:05 AM

You know, in many ways I'm pleased we haven't found anyone to rent this property yet, even though the next 17 days are available....... rolleyes

Imagine, yesterday we came in from work and sat down with an ice cold San Miguel and chilled out for a while. Later we lit the barbecue on the ample (sales talk wink ) terrace and put some lamb on it with some vegetable kebabs.... delicious with a fine bottle of Gran Feudo Crianza. Sitting there on the ample terrace we could hear nothing but the birds singing and as the dusk turned to night, the heavy scent of the Dama de Noche acted like an aphrodisiac and we ........... Wow, sorry about that, got carried away for a moment there!! laugh No wonder I don't want to move out!

Still for rent, guys. Time's running out.... any takers?

Re: House for rent - Costa del Sol - 07/10/03 09:24 AM

I'll even help with the flights..... let's see, how about 385 Euros including taxes for a return flight New York to Malaga direct in August?

How much?? eek Only 385 €, cheap at half the price laugh ... More info try servtour@servitour.es

Oops, I forgot it's booked in August.... still, it gives you a new outlet if you're looking for flights to the Costa del Sol as they are introducing an Airbus 310-300 on this route. Flights leave New York every Friday at 19.30 with the return flight also on Friday going at 13.00.

Re: House for rent - Costa del Sol - 07/10/03 08:44 PM

Anchovy,

Dama de Noche...... great story.

It reminds me of just how lucky we have it, and sometimes fail to recognize it.

A nice, but sad, reminder.

Wolf