Madrid Christmas gathering?

Posted by: carmendeespana

Madrid Christmas gathering? - 11/21/02 03:32 AM

¡Hola a todos!

This is an open call for the members of MM´s board.

We are organizing a member gathering on Plaza de Santa Ana (downtown Madrid) for some beers and some tapas during saturday 21st or saturday 28th.

Please for all those who would like to join, say which day you would prefer. I guess we can meet around 9 P.M.

Also, for those who want to go on partying, this place is right in the middle of the "movida madrileña" so it will be very easy to decide on a place to have some more drinks after dinner without the need of taking a car.

Hope we have as many people joining as possible. laugh laugh laugh

Carmen
Posted by: Chica

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 11/21/02 05:46 AM

Boo hoo!! I´d love to join you all and bring my hubby.....but we will be spending Navidad in Philadelphia and will be in the USA from Dec. 20-29th... coming back just in time to celebrate New Year´s Spanish style! Have fun everyone! Maybe we can meet up at another gathering in the future! smile
Posted by: Val

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 11/21/02 06:01 AM

Hi there!

We will be around for Christmas and my sister is coming from Chicago. So, I'll keep my eye on this section and we will all try to come (husband, son, sister, and me!!!) However, the partying after part is out as my son Sam is only 6 and we've got no babysitter over Christmas!

I look forward to meeting you and everyone else!

Val
Posted by: AmbassadorTex

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 11/21/02 11:25 AM

Repeating from parent thread...

I vote for Dec. 28!!

I'll have tales from the southern coast (oil-free tales I hope). It will be my first night in Madrid so I'll be incredibly hyper and ready to party until I think it's still 1999. eek eek
Posted by: pim

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 11/25/02 01:09 PM

You all realize that December 28th is 'El Día de los Inocentes', right? But this will be a real gathering, and not a little 'broma', uh? wink :p
Just kidding!

El Día de los Inocentes=Spanish April's Fools Day
Posted by: Castiza

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 11/25/02 01:46 PM

Hi all!
Another vote for our "Santos Inocentes" day, December 28th.
Besides, on December 21th most places will be 'ultra-booked' with all those -business, friends, work, etc- pre-Christmas dinners that are held these days.
Posted by: eduardo

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 11/25/02 03:49 PM

Castiza makes a good point. 28 December will probably be a less stressful and harried date.
Posted by: Pablete

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 11/27/02 09:42 AM

Ok, that's great! (but I still don´t know the restaurant's name!). Hope you'll get well soon wink
See you
Posted by: Chica

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 11/27/02 04:52 PM

Carmen.... ¡que te mejores! I won´t be able to join you all for this party as we will be in Philadelphia, USA celebrating the holiday season.. but let´s get together perhaps sometime in January (gosh doesn´t that sound terrible!! so far in advance!! eek )!!
Posted by: Jeorge

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 11/29/02 11:03 AM

Hi Folks,
I'm new to the MM board but I will be in Madrid on December 28th with wife and would love to meet some of the people I know only by their MM "handles".
Jeorge (yes, I know it's mispelled).
Posted by: Polka

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 11/29/02 12:31 PM

Hey,
I am so happy 'cause I have just succeeded at signing up here and being a brand new member WOULD LOVE to join you guys in Madrid on 28th December. Is it OK with you? Cheers - Anna
PS. By the way, am I the only person from Poland in MM?
Posted by: Candela

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 11/29/02 11:19 PM

Oh, I'm so terribly sad that I won't be in Madrid until January! I would love to meet some of the folks that make mm.com so wonderful! And is this party on the 28th at all related to "Party With MadridMan: Version 3.0" at El Brillante bar/eatery in Madrid on December 29th."
Do post party follow ups so those of us who can't be in attendance can at least do the vicarious thing!
Cheers,
Candela
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 11/29/02 11:28 PM

Candela wrote:
Quote:
And is this party on the 28th at all related to "Party With MadridMan: Version 3.0" at El Brillante bar/eatery in Madrid on December 29th."
Sorry, Candela. That December 29th party was last year. Sorry!!
Posted by: Espe3

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 11/29/02 11:42 PM

MM, I think she's also wondering if its connected to your Madridman Party, 3.0 (or in when you go next year, 4.0)

Candela, the Official parties where MM attends (the numbered versions) are when MM is in Spain.

Hopefully I'll get to attend the next one! :p
But this party is a get together unfortunatly, without MM's attendance.

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 11/30/02 02:46 PM

Oh a fiesta sin MM! Well, I feel better now since I won't be missing MM himself! Just kidding. Seriously, I think it is a wonderful idea to have regular get togethers. I know it has been said a million and seventeen times before but, this site ROCKS! I love the fact that everyone so generously shares their advice and experience (espcially MM) and am really looking forward to meeting some of ya'll in Madrid in 2003. And what of MM party version 4.0??? What are the dates on that? In the meantime, I hope everyone has a great time on the 28th. Wish I was there to share copas with you all!
Candela

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 11/30/02 03:04 PM

Candela, yes, as Espe3 says, we can't very well have gatherings called "Party With MadridMan: Version X.0" if I don't attend, now can we? hehehe... smile Maybe we should come up with some other related title for those I don't attend. How 'bout ... ummm.. "MadridMan Members: Version 1.0" or "3M v1.0" or "Party With MadridMan Members: Version 1.0" or "MMM v1" or "MadridMan Members Party: Version 1.0" - Well, you all can come up with a title if you want one since I, sadly, won't be attending. frown But I'm SURE you'll all have a great time together.

The "Party With MadridMan: Version 3.0" was last Christmastime. "Party With MadridMan: Version 4.0" was last Easter. "Party With MadridMan: Version 5.0" WILL BE this coming Easter. No definite date set yet.

But this thread is about the UPCOMING Madrid gathering on(?) December 28th. So let's get to planning!

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/02/02 01:48 PM

Glad to see things are coming together!

A correction though - AmbassadorTex counts for 2 people.
(unless I leave my wife back in the room... wink )
Posted by: Miguelito

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/04/02 03:33 AM

I will try to go, although I'm not sure also if it'll be possible as these days there is a lot of family to visit. I will try to say something sure before the reservation.
If I go, I'll be more carefull this time with paparazzi. :p

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/04/02 04:25 AM

Antonio, we´ll be around 8-10 I guess. Date is still December 28th.

Now you got me curious... where´s that place? What kind of food? The place I was thinking of won´t take reservations as it is more like a "tapas bar". Maybe it will be better to go to a place where they do take them.

What do you think? Please tell us more about this place.
Posted by: Antonio

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/04/02 01:15 PM

It's one of Antonio's favourite and secret places. cool

I won't reveal the secret until that day :p (if we happen to go there).

I'm posting the menu so that people can give their opinion:

ENTRANTES (variados para compartir)

Berenjenas rebozadas
Revuelto de setas con gambas
Pimientos de piquillo rellenos
Espárragos trigueros a la plancha
Gambas a la plancha o Calamares
Croquetas de pollo "caseras"

SEGUNDOS (a elegir 1 por persona)

Merluza rebozada o plancha
Pez espada plancha
Dorada o lubina a la espalda
Salmón plancha con ensalada
Chuletas de cordero lechales
Chuletón de "Sanabria"
Cordero asado o Codillo asado
Entrecot de choto a la plancha
San Jacobo de la casa

POSTRES (a elegir 1 persona)

Flan de la casa con nata
Tocino de cielo con queso y piñones
Tarta de queso
Tarta de orujo
Tarta al whisky
Helado vainilla, chocolate, turrón
Nata con nueces

Pan y vino o sagrias o refrescos

(Todos los segundos van con guarnición)

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/04/02 02:17 PM

Hi Antoñito!

Does the name of the place happen to be something like: La F____ de S_____???

¡Saludos!

pim

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/04/02 05:31 PM

Frio, frio :p

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/04/02 06:54 PM

Ok, now I'm confused! I thought Carmen was organizing this?! :o :p Antonio, does that mean you're going or you're only planning it if you do go?!??!!? Also, important (at least for me, still unemployed!) what is the price range of this restaurant you're proposing?!

Carmen, did you give up on the organizing?

I might be able to make it but don't know yet. If I do, I too count for two! (that wasn't on purpose!)

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/05/02 04:23 PM

I was just suggeting a place. I didn't mean to be in charge on anything (especially because I'm not sure if I'll be able to go).

In any case, we need to know more or less the number of people to make the reservation.

By the way, esp, unless they have special Christmas prices, it's around 16 euros / person.
Posted by: sexismo

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/08/02 12:31 PM

I'm new over here but I will be in Madrid on December 28th and would love to meet some of the people I know only by their MM "handles".

See you!
Posted by: Melinda328

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/08/02 07:32 PM

I'm new here, but if I'm back from Vigo, I'm in for the 28th... I'm going to see David Bustamante at the Vistalegre on the 21st hehehe... we all have our guilty pleasures wink

Melinda

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/09/02 07:14 AM

Hi everybody,

I checked with the place and they cannot guarantee us a table there. Chances are we go and we don´t have enough space. It seems we will be around 15 or 16 people.

Antonio, why don´t you send me a PM giving me the details of the restaurant so I can check with them? wink "No quiero cargarte el marrón", specially since you maybe won´t be able to come. It won´t be fair to let you organize it, I think. smile

Thanks.
Posted by: Miguelito

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/09/02 10:51 AM

Hi Espe, do you think it's OK for you the prices Antonio said? He usually chooses good places ..
I've known recently a restaurante called En busca del Tiempo that I liked very much but I think it would be a little bit more expensive, this are some of the prices:
Salmón marinado 5€
Brandada de bacalao 4€
Carne de buey a la brasa 11€
Bacalao con kokotxas 10€
Langostinos al cava 10€

If someone wants to visit it anytime, it's in C/Barcelona.

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/13/02 12:18 PM

Alright!

Even though it's 2 weeks until the meeting on the 28th...it's time to set the details!

Where and when and how will we know each other ?(look for the woman with the red rose in her hair??)

I'll be in Malaga on the 21st and will not have access to e-mail while in Spain (that I know of..)

So let's make the final decisions re: meeting place and/or restaurant.

Can't wait to land in Espa~na!! laugh

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/13/02 12:26 PM

Hi there!

I'm on vacation from the 20th to the 9th! Yes, we get lots of vacation here in Spain! I probably won't be able to check email during that time either.

As we must bring six year old Sam, the time and place will condition whether or not we can make it. If its out for drinks/tapas finally, we may just pop in for a short bit at the beginning and then let you singles enjoy!

Have a great weekend! laugh

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/14/02 01:31 PM

I'll go
Pablete
Posted by: EliseB

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/15/02 12:06 PM

New member here - I'm a little lost on exactly what's happening on the 28th. We're coming to Madrid on the 27th (from Minneapolis USA) and MM told me I should check out the message board to see what was up on the 28th. So, where exactly and when? We'd like to show up, but aren't 100% sure we'd make it....
....definately looking forward to cancelling the return airline ticket at the last minute....

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/16/02 03:50 AM

EliseB, we're organizing a MM forum dinner on the 28th. We still don´t where, but sure when, we'' be around 18 people going.
Check this message befora that date and you will see the place, and other details.
Hope to see you there!

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/16/02 05:38 AM

Definite list of attendees?

Ok, here we go (thanks Antonio for finally calling the restaurant).

Val...............4
Ambassador Tex....2
Pablete...........1
Joe Sambuca.......1
Castiza...........1
Jeorge............1
Anna Polka........1
Antonio...........1
Miguelito.........1
Sexismo...........1
Melinda323........1
EliseB............2 ?
Carmendeespana....2

That makes a party of 19!!! Wow!!!

Please confirm if you are still coming and how many of us are coming. Let´s clear things up for Antonio. I´ll be checking the forum today as often as possible to I can make an updated list (or at least update it as much as possible) for Antonio.

smile
Thanks.

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/16/02 07:15 AM

Miguelito,
Those prices seem fine by me! Carmen, count 2 more (me and sister). My e-mail here is limited, so I can only check in from time to time, but I wil to find out where it is we´re going!

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/16/02 07:50 AM

Hi,

Count us in for four people, as long as kids are welcome and we'll be starting early (say 9 at the latest). It'll be: my husband Carlos, Sis Michele (visiting from the US), Sam (age 6) and me!

Will it be a fixed menu?

I'm looking forward to it!
Posted by: JoeSambuca

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/16/02 08:25 AM

I'll be present.

Super psyched!!
:p

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/16/02 10:09 AM

I'll most likely be coming back from Granada that day, possibly even the overnight bus if there is one, so unless there's a delay I'll be there. If I don't go to Granada, I'll be in Madrid no matter what and able to go.

Melinda
Posted by: Keeley

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/17/02 07:09 AM

Hey I am new to MM but have been here in Madrid for awhile. I would like to meet some of you all and party for Christmas since I will be away from all my friends and family. Count me in for the gathering on the 28 if it is still possible.

Keeley

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/17/02 07:34 AM

Yes, of course. Welcome aboard Keeley!!!

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/17/02 08:52 AM

Hi:

Just a little off the subject question for Keeley: did you go to Emory U. and were you in Madrid in 82? If so, we were classmates! Its a long shot, but I couldn't help asking, as it is a small world!

See you on the 28th!

Carmen: any idea when you'll post the name and address of the restaurant, (as I'll be out of the office after today)?

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/17/02 11:34 AM

AmbassadorTex confirms for 2!!

Hoping to get a good deal on several bottles of Ribera del Duero.
(Maybe I'll even share 1... wink )

HEY!! - I just noticed that I've been promoted to "FULL Member" on MM.com - - another reason to toast w/ some Ribera del Duero!!

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/17/02 12:28 PM

Congratulations on your new-found status, AmbassadorTex! smile I knew you had it in you.

This gathering is REALLY shaping up! I'm impressed! Should be A LOT of fun. Too bad missmadrid98 doesn't even know about it. Maybe I'll send her a quick message.

Thanks to everyone for making this happen, but especially to carmendeespana & Antonio for putting the arrangements together. And hopefully, this time, SOMEONE will have a digital camera with them and share those photos with the group. Can't wait.

Saludos, MadridMan smile

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/18/02 01:30 PM

I would like to confirm, but if possible I'd also like to bring a friend along, so that would make 2 Polkas: Anna & Justyna!

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/19/02 06:05 AM

We go on adding up more people!!!

Val...............4 (confirmed)
Ambassador Tex....2 (confirmed)
Pablete...........1 (confirmed)
Joe Sambuca.......1 (confirmed)
Castiza...........1
Jeorge............1
Anna Polka........2 (confirmed)
Antonio...........1
Miguelito.........1
Sexismo...........1
Melinda323........1 (confirmed)
EliseB............2
Carmendeespana....2 (confirmed)
Espe3.............2 (confirmed)
Keely.............1 (confirmed)

Party of 23 (posibly), 16 already confirmed!!!

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/19/02 01:26 PM

An ambassador must always be diplomatic, but....

Where the heck are we meeting?!?! eek

Sorry for using such strong language rolleyes ,
but I leave tonight and don't know when I'll have decent internet access in Spain.

If I knew where and when we will meet, I could forget about needing to get internet access.

Thanks (glad I'm not organizing this - carmen has set a high standard for long distance, long term, large party, international organization!)
Posted by: druship

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/20/02 12:58 AM

Hola todos (and Antonio, too!). Me, Kenny and my friend and her daughter (2 years old) will be there on the 27th, and as of yet, have no plans for the 28th. We may end up only being 2 as mom and daughter may be jet-lagged at that point and want to crash. Can 2 more be squeezed in? And where will it be???? If it's too late to guarantee a spot, that's cool, as well. 6 more days!!!!!!
Posted by: sexismo

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/20/02 09:38 AM

I will be there. See you!

Sexismo

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/20/02 11:29 AM

Ok guys. We´re all set up!!!

We have a table booked for 20 people at Restaurante OVNI, located in C.- Salud (it goes from C.- Carmen to c.- Gran Vía) in the very center of Madrid.

Nobody else can join us frown because there is no mo room, and we are already 20 people.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with the owner to arrange the tapas that we can eat as a 15 euro menu.

Anyone who needs more info, please contact me.
Posted by: Jeorge

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/20/02 11:55 AM

Hi folks,
Glad you got the December 28th gathering up and going. Doesn't appear I would be able to attend anyway since I have a business meeting that evening (yes, on Saturday even) but I would have liked to stop by for a tapa & cana and meet some of you. Enjoy it for me!
Jeorge

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/21/02 05:19 PM

OK, that time of the year has arrived and I'm off to Zaragoza to spend some days basically eating, drinking and visiting relatives; however it turns out I'm coming back sometime before New Years Eve to spend it with my boyfriend (it'll be the third time I spend New Years in Madrid ever!). By the looks of it, is it impossible to join you guys in the event that I'm here the 28th? (I'm sorry I haven't been able to "apply" before since I had no idea where I'd be those days until now)

Well, whatever happens....HAPPY HOLIDAYS "MADRIDMANERS"!!!, ¡Feliz Navidad! laugh laugh laugh

Lots of love,
pim

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/23/02 03:47 AM

Official list of attenders cool :

• Carmendeespana (3)
  • Val (4)
  • Pablete(1)
  • Joe Sambuca(1)
  • Anna Polka(2)
  • Melinda323(1)
  • Espe3(2)
  • Keely(1)
  • Sexismo(1)
  • druship (3+1)
  • Castiza(1)
  • Antonio(1)
  • AmbassadorTex (2)

So far, we are = 23 (+1)

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/23/02 05:52 PM

Here is the secret place you were all dying to know about cool

RESTAURANTE LA SANABRESA
Amor de Dios, 12
Subway station: Antón Martín

It's located in the Huertas area very close to the subway exit marked with "Amor de Dios" street. The dinner will be a bit early for Spanish standards but I've arranged it that way so people with children can attend as they wanted. Meeting time is at 20:15. Please, try to be punctual.

The menu will be the one I posted before. The starters are shared and the second course can be choosen from the list as weel as the dessert. I suggest sangría.

The price per person is 16 euros. I've tried this menu last month and it was very good. Hope you enjoyed. See you on Saturday.

Merry Christmas!!

PS: As for the children, they don't have any special menu but they can prepare something for them (such as spaguetti, fried potatoes with chicken or something like that).

If you want to come a little bit earlier, we can talk with the waiter so they can prepare it in advance (note that they don't open before 20:00).

--

Update: I've been heavily editing the thread so it was easier to read (from 70 to 52 posts). I may even delete more post unless people get angry with that. I thought it would be easier for people who are reading it for the first time. After all, the only aim of the thread is to organise the dinner.

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/24/02 02:19 PM

Okay, now I am dying that I am not there! I know that restaurant very well. Hope you can try the berejenas (oh, i mean eggplant and can't spell today!) they prepare them perfectly.

Ah well, next year! Meanwhile I wish each and everyone of you fabulous MM'ers an amazing Christmas, a magical dia de los reyes, and a truly prosperous and joy-filled New Year!

Candela
(who'll be in Madrid in less than 14 days and can't think of a nicer holiday peresnt ever!)
Posted by: wilnogirl

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/24/02 02:25 PM

hola & dzien dobry: in response to Anna from Poland...dont know if you are the only one from Poland but I am the only one from the oldest Polish settlement in Canada...Wilno, Ontario. (dont speak any Polish except hello and goodbye etc) . Lovely as our little snow covered Canadian village is...we have an inn here...I unfortunately would rather be celebrating Christmas in Madrid. Felix Navidad everyone.

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/25/02 02:34 PM

Dzien Dobry! Merry Christmas to you, Wilnogirl, to Carmen, who is so patiently organizing the party, and to all Madrid and Spain fans. Hope everyone is having a good happy time with their family and friends. I am, but can’t wait till Saturday. It’s going to be so different from being in snowy Poland... See you there- Anna

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/25/02 06:34 PM

Hola todos. I can't wait for tomorrow to arrive so that I can't get on the plane to Barajas! Anyway, since the dinner time is earlier than I had thought, we will most likely be 4 (well, 3 1/2: mother and 2-year-old) instead of just 2. I hope it's not a problem, but if so, please post here or email me druship@yahoo.com and we will make other arrangements. Thanks!

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/26/02 08:29 PM

Tick... tock... tick... tock... We're almost there!! Can't wait to hear all about it on Sunday. Have fun everyone!! Wish I was there.

Enjoy!!!! Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/27/02 06:50 AM

Hey... I can´t wait for tomorrow... I hope I get there in time! I´ve had a hell of a day... i was getting ready to leave Vigo for madrid to go to Sevilla to eventually end up in Granada (I´m in Sevilla right now) when I get a text message from my friend that i´m staying with in Madrid that she´s in BILBAO to see a concert. ARGH. So my galician friends were scrambling to find me a place to stay tomorrow night... Got a big list of places to call and I´m going to start as soon as I sign out of here... wish me luck.

If she hadn´t gotten me that VIP to meet bustamante on the 21st, my friend would be meeting her death on the 29th.

Melinda

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/28/02 06:08 AM

I here in good ole madrid but air france decided to leave my luggage in paris ugghh! mad

But they say i´ll have it by 8ish rolleyes

well, i may be dressed in a jogging suite but i´ll be there.

freaking !X#fff

i´m okay now that I cursed my freaking brains out
smile

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/28/02 04:28 PM

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy... IT'S GOING ON NOWWWWW!! And here I am in snowy Ohio when I would MUCH prefer to be meeting and greeting other message board members in Madrid!! Tick tock.. tick tock... A few more hours and we'll be hearing about the first details of the party. Can't wait!!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/29/02 05:23 AM

Ok!,
What a meeting!, Antonio, thanks very much!!!!. The restaurnat was fantastic, incredible value.
Carmendeespana, where are you???. You've missed it! don't know why, you'll tell.
Some of us went to Huertas and have a lot of fun drinking tequilas!
I had a great time, hope to repeat soon
Can't wait

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/29/02 08:41 AM

OK boys and girls, so how did it go last night???
I came home from Zaragoza yesterday afternoon to find out whether it was still possible to attend or not, but I was uncertain and so decided to not even try at the last minute (which was weird considering I live so close to cl Amor de Dios), besides, I was afraid of Antonio's 'inocentadas'! wink :p ,(just kidding, he, he!)
Now I can't wait to read the details laugh , and I truly hope we get to see some pics posted soon (unlike last time, uh, JoeSambuca?). BTW, Richie, I'M SO SORRY about your lost luggage!, I bet somebody has made a little trip to El Corte Ingles to do some "survival shopping". How come your great buddies didn't come this time?

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/30/02 03:34 AM

Hi everybody,

I apologize for not having gone. I sincerely hope you had a lot of fun.

The reason why I didn´t go is that my grandma passed away on the 27th, and we buried her on the 28th. I was at my mom´s house, you know, being with her in these difficult times. It´s particularly difficult in Christmas times where all the family is supposed to be together; also because it was very unexpected. She entered the hospital the night of the 24th and doctors couldn´t do anything for her.

I am truly sorry for not being there. I was very excited about this meeting and I hope there is another opportunity for meeting all of you.

Susana

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/30/02 03:59 AM

Carmen, I'm so sorry...
Lo siento de veras
Un abrazo
Pablo

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/30/02 05:27 AM

Hi Everyone!

Back at the office today, then off until the 9th!!! I love the Spanish vacation policies.

Anyway, Susana, I am truly sorry about your Grandma and I know how it feels as I lost my Grandpa (age 100 and the last of my Grandparents alive) this summer. frown

The dinner was excellent with great food and lots of it! My sister, and husband and Sam also had a great time. Sam ate up his swordfish, although he really ordered it expecting to see the sword! laugh

Hope all those visiting Spain are enjoying the rest of their vacations here and that we will meet again sometime soon!

Happy new year to all cool ,

Val

P.S. Pim, sorry we missed you! There were a few no-shows and extra room at the table.

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/30/02 08:19 AM

This meeting was really fun and the people were just amazing as usual. Miguel and Pablo...you are just party animals.

Quote:
Now I can't wait to read the details , and I truly hope we get to see some pics posted soon (unlike last time, uh, JoeSambuca?).
Pim we missed you. Will you ever forgive me for forgetting the camera? wink Then again IWA may show up 10 hours late.
My luggage finally arrived on sunday. A man on the street gave me a euro because I was dressed in the same cloths since Friday. My friends just don´t love Madrid the way I do.

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 12/30/02 09:33 AM

Richard, we have to talk. There were some "pivate" details that I would like to comment...
Send me an email to fuente.pablo@telefonica.net
See you
Posted by: Castiza

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 01/01/03 01:32 PM

Susana,
siento mucho lo de tu abuela.
Un abrazo

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 01/02/03 03:13 PM

Hola everybody! Susana, so sorry about your Abuela.
Everyone else, I´m sorry I didn´t go, I caught a nasty cold and my Tia Abuela, Aunt, and sister all kept me inside frown At least this was I didn´t share the nasty bug with any of you!
In any event, I hope to get to go the next one!
Happy New Year to you all! May this year bring everyone health, happiness and what you most wish for!

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 01/03/03 05:07 PM

As everyone has said, it was a wonderful time.

Antonio had everything set up at Sanabresa and those guys did an incredible job with our large group - and served up many wonderful tapas-style appetizers. All MM folks and related newcomers were fun and interesting.

The after-party party was a blast, too. As for PHOTOS - do not despair! I believe I have an excellent group of pix just waiting to be developed.
Included: Ana(Polka) and Pablete's cousin gleefully dancing to a famous Spanish pop tune laugh

We're back in NC now and haven't seen the sun since we left Spain... frown

Details of my 10 day journey to be posted later complete w/ hostal/hotel, restaurant, sightseeing, transportation, and cultural commentary.

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 01/13/03 10:24 PM

Yes, thank you Antonio. The dinner was great. I have to admit that we became spoiled a bit after the fantastic meal, as we compared every other restaurant/meal to the one we had that Saturday night. Thank you everyone, too, for making us, with child and all, feel welcome. Anyone posting pics?

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 01/14/03 12:22 AM

I was jsut thinking the same thing regarding the pics. Pim! its not my fault this time. We did have a camera

Re: Madrid Christmas gathering? - 01/29/03 12:08 PM

I'm still planning to post reviews of hostales, restaurants, sights, etc... AS WELL AS photos.

But...haven't had time yet and haven't even gotten the photos developed!!

7 rolls - we'll have to take out a loan or something.

We've been soaking up (literally) the Spanish olive oil we brought home and even had a little taste test.

Still missing tasty Spanish ham and tapas of every kind...