I´m in Madrid!

Posted by: Sevilla99

I´m in Madrid! - 09/08/02 04:34 PM

Hola desde Madrid.

Wanted to say hello to all my friends from the NYC reunion.

Madrid is wonderful. The adjustment is harder than expected, considering finding an apartment is not as easy as everyone says! But, I am determined to find something soon.

Richie and Nate...nos vemos pronto.

I´ll keep you all updated on my ¨goings on¨ as i settle in.

Hasta luego!
jill
Posted by: Chrissiij

Re: I´m in Madrid! - 09/09/02 08:27 AM

Jill, you lucky thing! I have to wait til 5th oct til I get to Madrid.
I take it you'll be at the party? AM looking forward to meeting you, along with others I have not yet met.
See you there......
Christine
Posted by: esperanza

Re: I´m in Madrid! - 09/09/02 12:40 PM

Hi Jill,
So happy you are keepig us all posted. Even though it is difficult at first , keep focused: YOU ARE IN SPAIN! YOU DID IT! Te deseo mucha suerte.
Un beso, Esperanza smile

Re: I´m in Madrid! - 09/09/02 01:34 PM

Christine,
I most certainly will be at the big party on the 5th. In fact, I can´t wait!

To everyone, i found a place to live today with a very nice girl from San Diego. It´s a block from the metro LISTA in the upscale shopping district.

It is a really nice place and I am so much happier and starting to feel settled, finally.

More to come soon,
Jill
Posted by: MAD for Madrid

Re: I´m in Madrid! - 09/09/02 01:56 PM

Bienvenida a Madrid. It is a great feeling to move here and finally getting settled. It took me 3 months to find a flat and get my furniture from the US but getting all done was a wonderful feeling.

I look forward to meeting you on the 5th. Or, email me if you want to get to know another American before then.
Posted by: pim

Re: I´m in Madrid! - 09/09/02 03:22 PM

Jill, welcome "home", we'll be meeting at the October reunion, it's going to be awesome! smile

Hey MissMadrid, it was great sort of "running into you" the other day, will you be joining us? laugh
Posted by: Nate

Re: I´m in Madrid! - 09/09/02 07:15 PM

Hey, how are you doing,
I am so happy that you are getting adjusted so quickly. I am just counting the days untill I go. I am really ready to have fun and relaxing time. laugh :p cool smile
Posted by: billy ski

Re: I´m in Madrid! - 09/09/02 09:34 PM

Hi Jill : Congratulations to you on your Major step in following your dream. Courage you have in abundance. Excitement & satisfaction must be filling your heart especially finding an apartment in your first few days. Good luck with your new roomate and in all of your endeavors. Keep us abreast of your days & fulfillments. You know the gang from NYC is pulling extra hard for you. BillySki

Re: I´m in Madrid! - 09/10/02 12:24 PM

Thank you all for the words of encouragement!
Things are looking up because I found a great apartment and begin work this week!

And, of course, Madrid is beautiful. How can you have a bad time here?

Jill