Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!!

Posted by: MadridMan

Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 03/13/02 12:58 PM

(I think everyone knows by now, but to make it official...)

Woo Hoo!! It's time once again for.....

"Party With MadridMan in Madrid: Version 4.0"!

Go to http://www.MadridMan.com/madridman.html for more details, photos of the last party (in December), and other goodies.

MadridMan PARTY Details:
WHAT: Party With MadridMan: Version 4.0 - IN MADRID!!!
WHEN: Thursday, April 4th, 2002 @ 9pm
WHERE: El Brillante's PATIO, next to the Reina Sofía Museum,
Below Hotel Mediodia, Plaza del Emperador Carlos V, 8
WHO: Travelers, Spaniards, & Friends of all ages can join!
WHAT: Tapas, drink, food, conversation, sharing of experiences
WHY: Meet your fellow traveler and many Spaniards. Have FUN!

Last December's "Party With MadridMan in Madrid: Version 3.0" was a HUGE success with 28 people in attendance and the the night lasted until after 3:00am!! What fun we had. And we went to 4 different places after a few hours at El Brillante. You can read ALLL about it (with photos!) in the long-and-detailed " Dec.29th (2001): Party With MadridMan (in Madrid): Version 3.0 " thread.

This is a GREAT opportunity to talk with other travelers about things they've seen or are about to see in Spain and talk with Spaniards about life in their home country.

English is the predominant language at the gatherings, but you'll hear much Spanish spoken too. Afterall, you'll be in SPAIN! Enjoy tapas and drink wine/beer/whatever as recommended by Spaniards (and me! Mmmm.. bocadillo de calamares!!) Hope to see you there!!

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: barry

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 03/15/02 03:18 PM

I'll definitely make this one Madridman. I'm looking forward to meeting you and everyone else who can make it.

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 03/19/02 02:08 PM

That's GREAT, Barry! I'm looking forward to meeting you finally.

I've received a number of R.S.V.P.s (responses -- NOT that you have to send/give one!) from people who intend to go. HOPEFULLY most of those who attended the one in December and live in/near Madrid will be able to attend again.

Will we see, yet again....?:

missmadrid98, Chica, Antonio, replay, Fernando, and pim?? I hope so!

Saludos, MadridMan smile
Posted by: pim

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 03/19/02 02:27 PM

Hey Mman!

One of my main mottos in life is that almost everything negative in life has a positive side to it, and proof of this is that I was wrongfully fired a few days ago which is something REALLY BAD, that I'm coping with; but it gives me the opportunity to be able to go out with you guys in a couple of Thursdays without any problem and that's REAL GOOD NEWS! wink

Saludos 'primo',

p
Posted by: taravb

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 03/19/02 03:06 PM

Hi, pim--
I am so sorry to hear that you lost your job. Best of luck in finding another one--and enjoy your night out with everyone on April 4--I will be thinking of all of the fun you're all having then!!
Tara
Posted by: jer

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 03/19/02 03:46 PM

Hey taravb.

Not to worry, I went out with pim and a few others here in Madrid the night of the day she lost her job and she seemed to bounce right back, all lively and a fun gal that Paloma is laugh

A great lady, and her English is perfect, even has an American accent, gotta love it smile

pim, I am sure you will have no problem finding an even better job laugh

Saludos,
jer...

p.d. pim, we missed ya at the bullfight that Sunday frown

Maybe next time!

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 03/19/02 04:47 PM

Thanks Tara, Liz and Jer!

Yep! That's what I did the first few days after they "kicked me out", party, party, party!; then, as we say here the 'bajón' got me....

I'm a pacifist, so "bullFIGHTS" are not my thing smile

Anyway, we're going to have a great evening amongst all the calamari, 'papas bravas', 'cañas' & 'sangría'!!!
Liz, I SURE HOPE you're there, with 'tu guapísima prima' and please try to convince Iwalani to come as well!

BTW, I earlier called MMan my 'primo' because we share the same last name! smile
Posted by: Antonio

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 03/19/02 05:17 PM

Dear Liz,

I saw your posting was copied three times and I wanted to delete de duplicated ones but it seems that I accidentally deleted the three of them. I apologize for this. Unfortunately, I don't think there is an undo command here so please, post it again. I'm very sorry about that frown

NOTE FOR MM: Could it be that the post was shown triplicated by mistake but it wasn't really "tripleposted"?. I just deleted one of them but all the three disappeared!! frown
Posted by: Jo-Anne

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 03/19/02 05:27 PM

Sorry to jump in here, and I know it's off topic rolleyes , but following Antonio's query, I too have an oddity happen just now. I searched for a post of mine which I knew had the word 'Peniscola' in the subject line. The search dutifully threw up the post and I clicked on it to read it only to find it was giving me another thread about something entirely unrelated. I tried it about half a dozen times and each time it gave me the wrong one.

Maybe this is just a temporary blip, but thought I'd mention it. I'll shut up now and go and do the post I originally started!

(Waffling woman!)

Jo
Posted by: Guapetona

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 03/19/02 05:27 PM

jer and paloma,

thank you both soooo much for your wonderful "atenciones" while I was in madrid last week. i had a great time!!!
jer, big up on letting raquel and i in on the bullfight sunday. we were veeeery hungover after partying at cool until 11. we would have never known!! laugh
michael and david were fabulous and beautiful people...we would never have met them had it not been for your amazing website!!
thanks again, amigo!!
ps. still on for feria? max and raquel are hooking up a pad in the center of sevilla for a week. let them know...i'll be there w/my party hat on!!
mil besos paloma y jeremy!!!
liz a.k.a la 'tona de triana..

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 03/19/02 05:28 PM

HAVE A GREAT PARTY EVERYONE - I'LL BE THINKING OF YOU.

LOVE
JO

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 03/19/02 08:29 PM

Thanks Jo-Anne! It should be a lot of fun. I can just imagine meeting all those fine fellow travelers for the first time and those fine message board members again which attended the last party. I can ALSO imagine sinking my teeth into a hot, fresh, delicious bocadillo de calamares at El Brillante! Mmmm... :p

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 03/22/02 06:59 AM

Here's my LAST post until I land in Madrid tomorrow morning. (how WILL I survive??! confused )

Hope to see MANY of you at "The Party"! smile Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Asterault

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 03/24/02 06:01 AM

MM: Welcome back to Spain. If you folks come to Barcelona let me know and I will show you around.

One of these gatherings in Atocha I will attend someday, I think this next weekend I'm off to France however. Life is sooooo tough here!

ciao

-L
Posted by: LostInMadrid

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/02/02 09:24 AM

Hey! So who's going to the party on Thursday? Looks like I'll be able to make it. (Not having a job like Pim means that it's not much of a stretch.)

We were walking down in that part of town on Sunday and passed by El Brillante... looks pretty classic. The tables outside looked like they'll be really nice if the weather keeps up. Though, I'm not sure how much of a conversation can be had outside next to the Atocha round-a-bout.

I'm REALLY hoping to use my ENGLISH. (I feel like I'm losing it... and since I haven't found my Spanish yet, it really means that I spend most days grunting and pointing...)

-Russ
Posted by: Shawn

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/02/02 12:40 PM

I´ll be there. I had a great time last December, so I wouldn´t want to miss the new edition. I can relate with you Russ, I have been here for few months, yet I from time to time mumble, or make heinous errors. Some habits are hard to break, and my Spanish is quite broken laugh . Although I have learned much of the slang, I still don´t feel comfotable calling a classmate, "[censored]", or refering to something that is excellent as "de puta madre" or as "conojnudo". I have meet many who include at least one of these variations in nearly every sentence- and you wouldn´t believe how some of the men talk. wink
Posted by: Chica

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/02/02 03:04 PM

Chica´s back in town!! I think I will be making it to the party will definitely confirm MM. I guess it depends on the car situation and how hard the jet lag hits. Russ & Shawn...would love to chat English with you guys since most of the English I speak here is monosyllabic and v-e-r-y s-l-o-w simple sentences in the present tense!! laugh

Jo, if I go, I promise to get the required photo!

Saludos everyone!

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/02/02 04:14 PM

wink wink wink Chica wink wink wink

Jo
Posted by: replay

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/02/02 04:53 PM

Hello members,

I am again here, I will attend Madridman´s party 4.0 next thursday smile

But I will have to leave early because in friday I must be ready for work at 8,30 am. Sorry.

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/03/02 10:55 AM

See many of you tomorrow night!! I´m looking forward to seeing some old friends and making new ones. I´m typing to you now at a cybercafe on Calle de Atocha (crummy keyboard). rolleyes

I´d LOVE to upload photos of the party the next day, but my laydfriend´s computer can´t except my media.... Hmmm... well, that is to say, I can´t upload my photos from her computer. That´s a shame. Sorry! Maybe I can find a cybercfe to do this..this one doesn´t have a way to accept my media either.

Saludos!!!, MadridMan

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/03/02 12:45 PM

Hola amiguitos,

Aaayyy, aaayyy, aaaaayyyyy!!! (read this in a 'flamenco jondo' sort of way).
I'm afraid I won't make it to tomorrow's gathering (snif, snif!). Yesterday evening I had the great idea of doing sort of a thorough Spring cleaning of my place but doing so had a little accident and 'me torcí el tobillo'(I sprained my ankle¿?). rolleyes

I REALLY HOPE to feel a little better by the weekend, so keep me posted if there's some second part to the reunion.

HAVE A LOT OF FUN YOU GUYS!!!!! (We know you will wink )

¡Besos pa' todos!

pim
Posted by: Shawn

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/03/02 01:17 PM

Pim,
Medical excuse...What is this a high school trick to avoid an exam? laugh I hope you ankle recovers quickly, we´ll miss you at the MadridMan event. Perhaps there will be a sequel, once your ankle recovers.

Replay,
Work...What kind of excuse is that for leaving early? :p Of course we all agree that it is important that you work, so that Madrid keeps moving. Besides you get to enjoy this great city all year round.

Chica,
The slow present tense variety of the English language has always been my prefered variety. Although, my slow remedial Spanish is nearing tortice pace as well :p

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/03/02 01:40 PM

EEY!! Madridman, you could upload your photos in my home!, surely your camera saves the pictures in DOS CD format, so I´d able to read it from my PC. See you tomorrow!!

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/03/02 03:08 PM

Hey! I'll bring my digital camera along and post the pics when I get home... (that is if my ADSL line doesn't die again soon).

PIM! Sorry to hear you won't make it. Remember RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. I was a basketball player in High School and had more than my share of twisted ankles. They suck.

Chica and Jo: Inquiring minds want to know what the required photo is... ;-)

-Russ

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/03/02 03:48 PM

Hey LiM,

That's quite funny, I'll remember "the rice", but also Shawn coming over to massage my swollen feet will hopefully help a great deal too, ha, ha! wink

¡¡¡CHICOS, A PASÁRSELO BIEN!!! cool

'Saludos cariñosos' to my cousin Mman & his Ladyfriend, Chica(Becks, my partner in crime), Mª Paz(¿?), Rafael, Antonio, Fernando(hey! send your e-mail address), Shawn, LiM, MissMadrid, and everyone else.

pim

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/04/02 04:14 AM

frown frown frown
So, when I got up this AM with a low grade fever and a throat that would rival and piece of coarse sand paper I thought....oh no...not now. Couple that with the fact that I have had a hard time getting out of bed these past couple of mornings .. I think I need to bag out on tonight´s party.

I am about to call and cancel my class this morning... but since (with this particular VERY ADVANCED CLASS) this is the only time during the week that I can speak English at my normal east coast speed using more than monosyllables and the present tense (and it being my best paying gig)... maybe I shouldn´t cancel it. Can you say AUDIO DICTATION?? laugh

LiM...inquiring minds want to know eh? Too bad I´m not going cuz I would have coerced you into taking the pic(s) with your digital cam.

Sorry Jo frown . Will have to try again at the next go round. When did you say you will be here in Spain?? laugh

PIM -- Hope your ankle heals quickly. BEFORE Sunday!! wink

Have a great time everyone!!!! Ahh and eat a bocadillo de calamares for me! Think of me laid up in bed with a cup of manzanilla and a hot water bag!

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/04/02 04:22 AM

frown frown Oh, Chica! frown frown

It's all that late night chatting when you should have been sleeping!

No, seriously, I'm sorry you are feeling rough and hope you recover soon. (I'm sorry for me too, I would have liked you to be there, even though I wont be!?!)

I think between them LiM and MM will get some pics up, although whether they will be what we want . . eek ? Now that will get LiM wondering. Actually, I can't even remember what you were going to do - was it something to do with giving Antonio regards from 'the girls'?

I won't be in Madrid until August and even then only passing through frown . It wont be our last visit though, and Segovia would be one of my preferred destinations in the future, so get those cookies/brownies perfected! (And I could bring you my banana cake sample - it's wicked!)

Enjoy your hot water bottle and whatever else it takes to make you better.

Jo
Posted by: wyndyl

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/04/02 04:42 AM

Chica,
frown Sorry you're not feeling too good...Lots o' chicken soup, etc...
I'd give u some popsicles to help the throat, but my patients may want some...
(I thought I'd sent you and Jo a line while I wait for my patient to deliver.. laugh )

Wyndy

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/04/02 11:06 AM

Less than 3-hours and counting!! WOO HOO!! Should be a nice gathering and I´m really looking forward to it. Shame pim and chica will be absent. The rest of us will have compensate then.

See many of you soon and hope you´ll be able to see some of the party photos tonight!! (even if they won´t be my own)

Now, it´s time to the hostel for a quick nap. I can´t wait for the party! Looks like it´ll be too cold for a terraza gathering, but we might try... it was pleasant today, but cool. Keep your fingers crossed. laugh

Excitedly, MadridMan
Posted by: GranadaGirl

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/04/02 01:11 PM

Have a great time everyone!! I wish I were there, but as always, I'll be thinking of you, and have a drink for me!!

Hasta la proxima,
GranadaGirl

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/04/02 05:44 PM

Hey! A bunch of us have been waiting for the pictures! Where are they??

Hope you all had fun!

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/04/02 05:49 PM

And we want to see the MM tattoos.....

Hope the party was fun... laugh

Pictures, LiM?

Wyndyl

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/04/02 05:49 PM

The pics? The pics? Where are they?

We had great fun in the Virtual Party Room. Can you believe a REAL MadridMan without his shirt called in? wink

Hope you all had a great time and can't wait to hear about it.

Jo
Posted by: taravb

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/04/02 11:30 PM

We had a good cyber-party while all of you were stuffing yourselves on bocadillos de calamares, folks! The conversation flowed quickly and at one point, many of Jo's alter-egos popped in for a visit (poor Jo kept having to log in over again, each time as a new and improved Jo!). We even got to visit with Chica without catching her cold!

But all of us wished we could be with you in Madrid, that's for sure!

Hope it was as much fun as prior versions--and that you spent a bit of time planning for the next time 'round!

Tara smile

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/05/02 05:05 AM

Ooof. Good morning. *BIG YAWN*... I got in pretty late last night, like 3 a.m.! And there were people hanging out when I left! (What's the name of that Irish Pub again?) Whew!

Here\'s some pics!

I wanted to take more, but the battery on my camera died a lot earlier than it should have. MadridMan (Scott, I came to find out) has the most kick-ass camera there is and took a bunch too. I'm sure there will be more and better pics from him...

It was pretty fun last night, but COOOOOLD! Man, I was freezing, as I came dressed for the Spring weather we've been having lately. There were a ton of people, but at first it was a bit slow because we were all in a big long table outside El Brillante and it wasn't very easy to meet new people except those that were sitting next to you. There were 30 or so people I was surprised.

But we moved off to a couple more bars (Viva Madrid which as very loud the Irish place I can't remember the name of) and it was pretty fun chatting with all the travelers and expats there are! I got to use A LOT of English which was great and a bit of Spanish too (which was confusing a bit). As I was joking last night, I've think I've completely lost the ability to smalltalk and socialize I think... Forgive me anyone who was next to me if I rambled on too unintelligibly...

I feel bad for MadridMan! The poor guy crosses an ocean, organizes a get-together and then gets stuck playing host (organizing the check, gathering people, mingling)! I can't imagine that if I was really in love with, say, Australia, and I organized a gathering there to have to then have to play sheepherder when I got there! Next year someone will have to take the reigns so he can relax a bit! Here's another thought: Introducing yourself by your "screen name" is incredibly embarassing... ;-)

Anyways, it was really fun. Great chance to meet a bunch of people. If I met you last night, email me and say hi!

-Russ

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/05/02 05:43 AM

WOW!!!! WHAT A PARTY!!!! Like LostInMadrid, I will likely be yawning all day, but this is the sign of a gooood party. It was a STRONG rival to last Christmas´ gathering. This was a surprising success!! I was very happy with the turnout. The official final count was 28 persons. Imagine if we had Fernando, Chica, pim, AND Barry as they had originally planned to attend. If you couldn´t make it this time around, hopefully you´ll have an opportunity next spring.

Thanks SO much to LostInMadrid for posting those photos so fast and in SUCH an orderly manner with the NEXT and PREVIOUS feature installed. Thanks, Russ. You were one of the PREMIER guests at the gathering, always smiling, obviously enjoying yourself, talking to everyone, very kind, and with a good sense of humor.

Okay, enough kissing-butt-for-taking-photos, hehehee.... Sadly, Nuria (of Hostal Lopez), replay and his friend, a the majority of others left the gathering as we left El Brillante at about 11:30pm, but the last 13 or so went on the VIVA MADRID near Plaza Santa Ana and then finally to Daniel´s Tavern until I left at 3:00am, but about 10 others were still there and seemed to be happy to say until... who know when.

It was VERY nice to finally meet Nativo-- what a guy! His English, really, is PERFECT -- no matter what he tells you wink

Antonio and Andrés were instrumental in choosing and taking the group to VIVA MADRID and Daniel´s Tavern and I thank them so much for their wonderful organizational skill. Thanks, Guys!

We had a nice range of ages too. Samuel, our youngest and son of parents whom, all together, were studying Spanish for a few months in Madrid (WOW! Talk about a family project!), and he was about....oh.... 9 or 10 years old? The media age was about... 30-something, I´d say. I won´t attempt to guess of the oldest ago, but was was very pleasantly surprised.

Everyone seemed to have good time as did I and will be posting my photos upon returning ...but doubt they´ll be as neatly organized as those from LostInMadrid.

I slept until 11am this morning and am already looking forward to the afternoon siesta if I can get one. I can´t imagine that some of those people had to be at work the next/this morning! My goodness!!

Thanks for coming, everyone!!!! And hope the Chat-Room gathering was fun too. One of these years we´ll have to do a kind a online, live party with the group in Madrid and those at home, wherever thy may be, complete with live cam, of course. wink

Wow.. another party come and gone.. it´s kind of sad in a way. I SO look forward to them, the preparations and all, meeting new people and old friends, etcetera. But then, there´s a certain let-down when it´s all over.

GREAT PARTY, EVERYONE!!!!!!! Right now, I´m off to visit Antonio at Hostal Chelo. Hope he´s there.

Saludos, MadridMan smile
Posted by: barry

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/05/02 06:21 AM

boo-hoo. I couldn't come. I had to work until 2 am, so I missed all the fun.
Posted by: Fernando

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/05/02 06:36 AM

Grrrrr, I missed the fun this time... it won't happen again wink I'm glad you guys harrased Madrid and burnt it with your happiness and willings of party smile

You rock!

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/05/02 07:39 AM

But hey! I WAS THERE in Spirit!

Yes, we had quite a party going on in the chat room! Lemme see....First there was Jes (Jo´s husband) and I. Then came Spike1 and Diana. Wyndyl popped in. Diana came back, Nevado, Jo with her many alter egos(after her choir practice), LittleWing, Roe, Taravb, some "guy" named Chicooo wink , another named Natalio wink , and another person named Cookie wink ...and Madridman nonetheless sans shirt!!! eek wink Did I miss anyone? If I did, I am sooo sorry!

We talked about all sorts of things from the life of an Expat, LittleWing´s German birth certificate, Jo´s husband´s ability with the computer and keyboard, Diana´s brownie recipe, the 10lb baby girl that Wyndyl helped to deliver, Nevado´s life in Korea, adobo, Spanish cooking, American baked goods, Jo´s sexlife (or was it Wyndyl´s?? eek ),Tara´s daughter´s desire for a snack and a bunch of other ramblings!

Thanks Tara for the tip on the airbake sheets. I´ll let you know how the cookies turn out.

Party on Chat room. Pim! We missed you!!

P.S. GREAT PICS LIM! Would love to know who is who!
Posted by: LW

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/05/02 07:44 AM

Thanks for the Pics Russ!! I wish there was a way to get names to those pictures, but understand...Oh well rolleyes ...I guess if I want to know who is who, I have to be there next time :p ..Well anyway, thanks again....
smile smile smile
Posted by: Puna

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/05/02 09:30 AM

Wow LiM - aka Russ - Great pics! laugh Thanks so much for posting your pics so quickly - now the rest of us (the not-there fans) can be envious for the next few days! Looks like a super time was had by all - next party - swear the rest of us will be there with you!

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/05/02 11:43 AM

Russ,

'So glad you could post those pics laugh Many of us would have wanted to be there frown , so we partied
virtually :p

We partied in spirit!!!!

MM, you'll have to let us all know approximately when in the spring the next one'll be, so I can request my vacation eek eek I'll tell them that I'm taking classes on cultural diversity rolleyes

Wyndyl
Posted by: esperanza

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/05/02 01:30 PM

Well guys, I missed the virtual get- together AND the Madrid get- together..I really feel deprived. I did love seeing the pictures though. I sounds like you all had a blast. ( Can you make the next one in NYC??) I was THINKING about you all in Madrid though. ( I am ALWAYS thinking about Madrid ...)
Posted by: Leche

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/05/02 01:44 PM

Thanks Russ....but you should have labelled who's who in the photos!

gracias ~

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/05/02 03:10 PM

Hey Everyone!

I'm a horrible person, I know, but I don't remember enough people's names to label the pics. I'm one of those people that as soon as you tell me your name, it's just goes in one ear and falls out the other. If you're in the pics (or you know who's who) just email me and I'll label them, it'll take 2 minutes.

MadridMan: This morning I used Macromedia DreamWeaver. Command -> Create Web Photo Album -> Choose folder with pics and it does the rest... I'd love to claim credit, but I'll wait for something where I've made a bit more effort. I like that whole "Premier" guest thing, though... does that mean next year I don't have to pay for my drinks? ;-)

-Russ

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/05/02 03:22 PM

NICE PARTY 4.0 Madridman!!!

It was really nice to meet more people, specially to LostinMadrid, Nativo, the two girl students from Boston, and the students family (Leo, Samuel and...argh, what a bad memory!!)...

I missed Rosa, but Nuria, Antonio, Sam, Julio...compensated it smile

I was very sad to leave the party very early, but work is work. I am sure you enjoyed a lot with the Antonio´s gathering in "Viva Madrid" and the others pubs.

I am waiting for the next party. See you friends!!
Posted by: GranadaGirl

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/05/02 11:23 PM

I'm sorry I missed the real and cyber-parties, I had to work too... frown (although I was TEACHING Spanish, so that must count for something!) I was thinking of you all, as someone else pointed out, I'm ALWAYS thinking of Spain anyway...

SO WHEN'S Party with MadridMan 5.0?!?! laugh
Posted by: jaimemiguel

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/10/02 12:12 PM

Hey! Looks like a great time!
Thanks for the pics LIM.
And another rare sighting - MM with a shirt on!
wink
Hope to join you at one of these some day.

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/20/02 06:52 AM

In small, quiet, non-demanding voice . . .

Are there any more pics yet? And names etc?

Jo

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/20/02 03:33 PM

I'll add them here by the end of the day. I'm sure it will be DAYS before all names are inserted. I only recall a few as I didn't write down names this time. Ugh. rolleyes

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/20/02 07:03 PM

Here are my photos of the Party With MadridMan: Version 4.0. WHAT A GREAT TIME I/WE HAD!!!!!

I don't have all the names so feel free to email/PrivateMessage me if you are this person or if you know who they are and I'll correct them.

NOTE: All links/photos open a new browser window and names are listed from left to right or clockwise.

AT EL BRILLANTE!!

Photo1 : Shawn, Leo, replay, Iván, LostInMadrid, UnknownWoman1, UnknownWoman2, Nuria (of Hostal López ), Nativo, Natasha, UnknownWoman3, UnknownWoman4, UnknownMan.

Photo2 : Natasha, UnknownWoman1, UnknownWoman2, UnknownMan1, UnknownMan2, UnknownMan3, John Ross (of Spain & Portugal for Visitors ), Shawn

Photo3 : Jesús (of Hostal Martín ), our own ANTONIO (of Hostal Chelo ), Andrés (of Walks of Madrid )

Photo4 : Nuria, Nativo

Photo5 : UnknownMarriedCouple (they were so nice; she was a madrileña living in the US with her "American" husband)

Photo6 : replay, Iván, LostInMadrid, UnknownWoman1, UnknownWoman2

Photo7 : UnknownWoman1, UnknownMan1, UnknownWoman2, UnknownMan2, John Ross, Shawn's back

Photo8 : UnknownLeatherCouple, UnknownWoman, UnknownMan

Photo9 : replay (hitting on a cute) UnknownWoman ("American" woman studying at a Madrid university)

Photo10 : YO! MadridMan and Iván

Photo11 : Nuria and Nativo

Photo12 : Natasha, UnknownWoman1, UnknownWoman2

Now at Viva Madrid:

Photo13 : Andrés and MadridMan @

Now at Daniel's Tavern:

Photo14 : UnknownWoman1&2 (friends of Antonio's), LostInMadrid, Shawn, UnknownWoman1, UnknownMan, UnknownWoman2, ANTONIO!

Photo15 : UnknownWoman1, LostInMadrid, Shawn, UnknownWoman2, UnknownMan, UnknownWoman3, sleepy-Antonio

Photo16 : Shawn, UnknownWoman1 (madrileña, UnknownMan ("American"), UnknownWoman2 ("American"), UnknownWoman3 (Australian)

Photo17 : Natasha (English), John Ross (English), UnknownMan ("American")

Photo18 : Nikki1 (English), UnknownMan1, UnknownWoman2 (English), Nikki2 (madrileño)

Photo19 : Elvira & Veva (friends of Antonio's)

Photo20 : LostInMadrid, Shawn, UnknownWoman1, UnknownWoman2

Photo21 : Shawn (counting), UnknownWoman, UnknownMan

Photo22 : (this photo is hilarious!) MadridMan, LostInMadrid, Shawn!

Photo23 : ALL SMILES! laugh Antonio and MadridMan

Photo24 : Nikki1, UnknownMan, Elvira

Photo25 : UnknownMan, John Ross, Nikki1, Nikki2

Photo26 : Shawn, UnknownWoman (madrileña)

Photo27 : Elvira (Antonio's friend) and Antonio

Photo28 : FUNNY FINAL FOTO! laugh UnknownWoman, UnknownMan

That's ALL the photos I took. Hope you enjoyed them nearly as much as I enjoyed the party with all these fine, fun people. Can't wait 'til the next Party With MadridMan: Version 5.0 !!

(send me email with names if you have them!)

Saludos, MadridMan smile
Posted by: fmiketheman

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/20/02 07:37 PM

hey everybody

madridman

wow wow and wow!!very cool photos!!i still didnt see them all but wow!!i appreciate you put these photos on your great website.not that many sites like the madridman site huh.now i dont wonder that much on how other fellow members i talk look like.

Re: Apr.4 Party w/MadridMan in Madrid, Spain!! - 04/20/02 07:47 PM

Quick note: To see OTHER message board members who attended Version 3.0 on December 29th, 2001 but weren't able to attend Version 4.0 (like pim, chica, Fernando, Iwalanic, JoeSambuca, Judi, Paseodh50, Celia U, missmadrid98) see these photos HERE . Enjoy!