Group Night Out in Madrid (soon?)

Posted by: ammcfar

Group Night Out in Madrid (soon?) - 01/26/02 08:15 AM

That big MadridMan party sounded pretty fun (I missed it because I went back to the States). Anyone interested in doing something similar sooner than in 2 months? Maybe next or the following Friday at either the area soth of Sol or maybe around La Latina?

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]
Posted by: mick nick

Re: Group Night Out in Madrid (soon?) - 01/30/02 05:34 PM

Im over 8th Feb for a weekend and up for a few drinks if it gets off the ground.
Posted by: JJR

Re: Group Night Out in Madrid (soon?) - 02/02/02 12:39 PM

I am living in Madrid and am interested in a get-together also. When and where?

Re: Group Night Out in Madrid (soon?) - 02/07/02 12:37 PM

Hmmm, not exactly an overwheming response, oh well. To those who did sound intersted we could meet at say 11 at the old standbye (the stature of the bear and the tree/oso y arbol) in Sol, maybe on Saturday the 9th. I´ll wear my baseball cap to be recognizeable. However, if you want to JJR/mick nick/anyone else, call me on my mobil 666005274 so I know your coming. I won't go otherwise. Maybe if we get at least 2 or 3 people together we can build up to more people in the future.

Re: Group Night Out in Madrid (soon?) - 02/12/02 03:38 PM

Ok, last weekend didn´t workout but there was some interest so I´m going to do this right this time and set a firm date and time well ahead of time.
I suspect my trip to Granada is going to run into the weekend this week (me siento Natalia, el sabado pasado creì que me regreso desde Granada este viernes (so how many mistakes did I make there?), but the following Satuday night(23rd) I will meet meet whomever wants to at the statue of the Bear and the Tree in Sol at 11. My name is Andrew and I will wear a white baseball cap to be recognizable. Anyone coming?
Posted by: Cat

Re: Group Night Out in Madrid (soon?) - 02/12/02 05:18 PM

Hi Andrew, if i dont go to granada that weekend ill be up for meeting up and going out. Im from the uk by the way. See ya xx
Posted by: Lesley

Re: Group Night Out in Madrid (soon?) - 02/14/02 05:49 AM

Yes, I just got to Madrid last Sunday the 10th, so I´d be interested in a get together. That´d be great. Just let me know what´s up!
Hasta Pronto,
Lesley
Posted by: jllawson

Re: Group Night Out in Madrid (soon?) - 02/14/02 11:53 AM

wouldn't this be a great opportunity for a MM pin/tag!!!!!!
Posted by: Castiza

Re: Group Night Out in Madrid (soon?) - 02/14/02 03:18 PM

The 23th seem OK to me. It'll be nice have a gathering together in Madrid. See you all there! By the way, it was me who called you, Andrew.
Posted by: sparkyaz

Re: Group Night Out in Madrid (soon?) - 02/14/02 09:00 PM

Now there are three or more. I will be the middle aged man in the blue jacket, sleeping, freezing and suffering from jet lag. If you see me please wake me up and take to the nearest inn. Thanks Andrew for leading the outing, someone always must take the lead and this must be your turn. Looking forward to see all and having a nice night. Mark
Posted by: hombre_gizon

Re: Group Night Out in Madrid (soon?) - 02/15/02 03:49 AM

I cannot go frown What a shame!
I have a day off on Friday the 22th and I'll go away from Madrid. mad

Re: Group Night Out in Madrid (soon?) - 02/15/02 10:15 AM

Hello! I saw your post too late last week, but I think I should be able to make it the 23rd. Hope to see everybody there! I´m looking foward to meeting some new people!

Re: Group Night Out in Madrid (soon?) - 02/21/02 12:53 PM

Ok its a go, I be looking for 4 or 5 people loosely and try to be there no later than 11:15 since we don't know each other or who exactly is coming so we won't be waiting for anyone in specific. If your late look in at an Irish bar called O'Connels thats a block or so up the street the first right (I think) heading west out of Sol (west is towards Retiro I believe and the road O'Connals is on heads south towards Plaza Santa Ana (or Anna) and a big part area). We'll stop there for a first beer .

Ok, I meant the first right heading EAST out of Sol not west. I picked O'Connels because while I know several bars in the area and how to get to them its the only one that I actually remember the name of (and thats only because its where I watch UEFA football matchs during the week). Otherwise, Sol at 11 and look for the American guy with a white baseball cap and probably black pants. And sorry for the crappy editing in that last post, I was running out of internet time.

[ 02-21-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]
Posted by: fmiketheman

Re: Group Night Out in Madrid (soon?) - 02/21/02 08:01 PM

i know i wont be making it for the party at least for a couple of years. first of all im too young.second i live in ny. mybe in a couple of years i might make it.well see.

saludos
Posted by: Chica

Re: Group Night Out in Madrid (soon?) - 02/24/02 08:16 AM

Hey ammcfar! Thanks for organizing that outing last night! It was nice to meet you, Ignacio, Castiza and, horrors, I can´t remember her name..the nice woman who hails from Ohio. It was a short visit, but really nice to speak English and meet new people!!

smile Chica
Posted by: pim

Re: Group Night Out in Madrid (soon?) - 02/24/02 08:28 AM

Chica,

The name is Jennifer smile

p

Re: Group Night Out in Madrid (soon?) - 02/25/02 12:31 PM

Hi! It was nice meeting everybody on Saturday night!!! Hope we can do it again!

Jennifer
Posted by: markuw

Re: Group Night Out in Madrid (soon?) - 02/28/02 02:46 PM

Hi Gang! Sounds like you guys had a good old time in the Ole town(or would that be Sevilla? I dont want to offend anyone). Anyone interested in meeting and catching a drink or two between March 8th-19th???

Cheers Big Ears,

Mark
Posted by: Cat

Re: Group Night Out in Madrid (soon?) - 03/05/02 04:57 AM

Hi ya mark, id be up for meeting up for a drink or two! Tell me when and ill be there! Love cat xx
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Group Night Out in Madrid (soon?) - 03/05/02 06:13 AM

testing testing??
Posted by: Guapetona

Re: Group Night Out in Madrid (soon?) - 03/05/02 11:51 AM

hey everybody!!

great job mm! awesome speed eek !!!
i will be in madrid this weekend and would love to get together with some of you guys for a drink or whatever. im in town visiting a cousin of mine who just moved from alicante..and unfortunately we both don't know that many people in madrid..and would love to meet some!!
drop me an email if this sounds good to anybody!!
hopefully i'll get some replies laugh

to pa'lante..liz