Any Madridman lovers in Miami?

Posted by: Nicole

Any Madridman lovers in Miami? - 05/24/01 09:47 PM

I will be there this week end visiting the folks and thought it might be nice to hang with some fellow Spain lovers.

Anyone out want to get together for a glass of rioja? laugh
Posted by: Pookita

Re: Any Madridman lovers in Miami? - 05/25/01 11:21 AM

Nic -

I'm fairly close - just a bit North, but would be willing to take a drive to share a rioja or sangria! Maybe we can meet in the middle. There is a Spanish Restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale on Oakland Park Blvd. - Cafe Seville. The problem with this is they are open for lunch Tues -Fri, and for dinner Mon-Sat. That means our onl option is dinner on Sat, and I already have plans frown I haven't eaten there, nor have a I spoken with anyone who has.

I know it may be a little out of the way for you, but we have (2) in Boca Raton. There is Meson Madrid , which I have heard is very good. There is also Tapas Espana Restaurant (no web page), which I have also heard is good, but on the expensive side.

Let me know what your weekend looks like!

[ 05-25-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Re: Any Madridman lovers in Miami? - 05/25/01 05:37 PM

Nicole -

Weather probably will not be in our favor. I don't think either one of us should drive very far after partaking in sangria, especially with the monsoons the weather man is predicting for this weekend in SoFla. You will, however, be able to find one near where you are staying in Miami.

If you do, please share your experience. I need to start warming up for my trip in October. It may take me that long, since it's been 20 years since my last trip to Spain!

Most of all, enjoy your visit, and thanks for the open invitation! Pookita

Re: Any Madridman lovers in Miami? - 05/26/01 04:25 AM

bummer. Ft. Lauderdale is right down the rode! I thought about dragging my parents along- they are fellow Spain lovers as well. They vacationed there at one point, and then during my year abroad, my Mom and I expleored Northern Spain together during spring break.

I think you might be right about the weather. It feels like storms are on the way (another bummer, because I was positively determined to get out on the sea kayak this time frown ).
Posted by: papi

Re: Any Madridman lovers in Miami? - 05/29/01 05:30 AM

:p
did somebody say MI!
who wants to know what??? rolleyes

Re: Any Madridman lovers in Miami? - 05/29/01 08:53 AM

Nicole - I'm glad the weather was more cooperative than expected. I hope you had a chance to kayak, since the seas seemed fairly calm in spite of the showers. Since your folks are here, I hope we will have another chance to get together on your next visit!

Papi - I was wondering where you went to! I thought you would have been all over this post! smile

Re: Any Madridman lovers in Miami? - 05/30/01 05:02 PM

poooooooookitaaa.
iwas holding back waitin fo some more replies
places 2 go? here goes......
club deep
crobar...collins av
shadow lounge....washington av
mangos..ocean drive.....
nikkis beach bar
gooodwebsites www.oceandrive.com smile ..checkout the shot on site section smile
radio station...power96 :p
what else u want 2 know/:-)
hope this helps

rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

Re: Any Madridman lovers in Miami? - 05/30/01 08:35 PM

hey Pookita. We did go out to Key Biscayne (sp?) and on the sea Kayak. It was great, even though my legs got really sunburned, and I kept splashing myself in the face with sea water (not quite used to the oar yet).
We then stuffed ourselves with ropa vieja, lechon asado, fried plantains and fresh-squeezed orange juice. ahhhhhhhhhhh.
Maybe we will hook up next time!

hey papi, the link to your web page doesn't work; you might want to check it (by the way, I really envy that you live on South Beach!!!!).

[ 05-30-2001: Message edited by: Nicole ]

Re: Any Madridman lovers in Miami? - 05/31/01 06:21 AM

rolleyes
thanxs fo that Nicole...ive updated the link it works now. smile i think
wink