Lonely in Madrid

Posted by: Ben

Lonely in Madrid - 06/14/01 12:50 PM

Hi there,
i have a lot of work in Madrid lately, so i'm there about 2-3 weeks each month. After my appointments i have little to do though, and since i don't know anybody here, i was wondering if there's anybody interested in meeting up to do stuff.

So long,

Ben
Posted by: roses

Re: Lonely in Madrid - 06/14/01 01:50 PM

Hi Ben: Why don't you join us for our dinner group on June 30 (two weeks from now smile )? For more information on the dinner, you can find it on a thread entitled "Dinner Group in Madrid, Spain." We'd love to have you there... we're going to have drinks and a really cool dinner. Some people joining the dinner live in Madrid, so you can meet some new people that live in the same place as you. I hope that you can come. All the best, roses.

[ 06-15-2001: Message edited by: roses ]

Re: Lonely in Madrid - 06/14/01 07:56 PM

Thanks a lot for the invitation roses, unfortunately, i'll have to be in germany at that time :=( But i hope you guys arrange something like that more often ! Oh well, tomorrow its weekend and i'll drive to the coast !!! Can't wait... Cheers Ben
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Lonely in Madrid - 06/14/01 08:39 PM

Mannnn.... If *I* lived in Madrid I'd be having these "Party With MadridMan" gatherings ALL the time!!!! Come on! Get me OVER THERE!!! AAAAHHHH!H!H!!!! mad eek confused
Posted by: GranadaGirl

Re: Lonely in Madrid - 06/14/01 09:30 PM

Hey Ben-

May I ask what you do that keeps you in Spain on business so much? (And if your company is hiring?!)
Posted by: roses

Re: Lonely in Madrid - 06/15/01 01:30 PM

MadridMan: It'd be so cool to get you over to Madrid. Man, sometime you just gotta put the bills on the burner and enjoy life a little bit. And, if you lose your apartment, car, gas and water in the process,then you have just found a new excuse to stay in Madrid and start a new life laugh
I believe that Council Travel has a very good sale right now on plan tickets purchased before June 30 to Madrid for about $447 roundtrip from New York to Madrid. You might want to also check out Air Europa. They have a sale going on right now too, www.air-europa.es Anyway, perhaps oneday I'll get to meet the much talked about MadridMan... wink roses.

[ 06-16-2001: Message edited by: Antonio ]

Re: Lonely in Madrid - 06/19/01 10:30 AM

Granadagirl: I'm working for a german software company www.saperion.de or .com. I'm the Business Development Manager for FISP (France,Italy,Spain & Portugal) and yes we do hire in Spain,UK and France ! If you're interested, just tell me.
Cheers, Ben.
Posted by: Nativo

Re: Lonely in Madrid - 06/19/01 01:52 PM

Ben,

I also worked in a multieuropean environment and I had the luck of having of those countries (Danemark, Italy, UK..)taking me out for beer and activites.

If you feel like it, drop me an emilio next time you are around.

Re: Lonely in Madrid - 06/20/01 05:34 PM

Nativo:Great ! I just came to Berlin, took me all day, cause my morning flight got cancelled so i had to fly via Barcelona... IŽll send u a mail once i know my schedule, probably in 10 days or so. Cheers, Ben
Posted by: Martin R.J. Cleaver

Re: Lonely in Madrid - 07/11/01 11:26 AM

Anyone about in Madrid at the moment? I am here on business and would really be on for meeting up and going for drinks, esp during Monday-Thurs!

Regards,
Martin.

Re: Lonely in Madrid - 07/11/01 01:16 PM

Martin : Should be in Madrid tomorrow, i am in Barcelona right now. It all depends on the Iberia strike. Will probably have a business dinner tomorrow night though... But we can meet up sometime if you like,

Ben

Re: Lonely in Madrid - 07/12/01 05:36 AM

Hi Ben,
Thanks for the message. Yup, let's definitely go for drinks sometime, perhaps next week?

I'll mail you my mobile number. Do call me when you are in town.

Regards,
Martin.
Posted by: Rine

Re: Lonely in Madrid - 07/13/01 11:44 AM

Martin, you mentioned going out Mon-Thurs. I will be in Madrid July 15-18 if you still want to go out. Ben are you around then? I posted an invitation to anyone else on the Food Drink and Entertainment Forum and haven't received a single reply. I guess Monday and Tuesday are slow nights in Madrid.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Lonely in Madrid - 07/18/01 06:48 AM

You are right, Monday, tuesday, and Wednesday. rolleyes

Re: Lonely in Madrid - 07/18/01 10:26 AM

Come join us tonight.
My mob number on its way...

Re: Lonely in Madrid - 07/23/01 08:47 AM

Sorry guys, i started all this and now iŽve been in Barcelona most of the time... IŽll be back in Madrid sometime this week though.

Cheers,

Ben