What Do You Listen To?

Posted by: Bill from NYC

What Do You Listen To? - 08/28/06 12:18 PM

I have been listening to Ismael Serrano because of this message Ismael Serrano Discussion . Does anyone want to recommend other Spainish artists or groups we should be listening too.

Can even be non-Spanish.

Thanks
Bill
Posted by: Fernando

Re: What Do You Listen To? - 08/28/06 12:47 PM

El Canto del Loco, La Oreja de Van Gogh, Amaral, Revolver, Coti, Julieta Venegas...

Love them all!

Fernando
Posted by: Estopa1

Re: What Do You Listen To? - 08/28/06 12:51 PM

El Ultimo de la Fila, Loquillo y los Troglodias, Siniestro Total, La Polla Record's, Rosendo, Seguridad Social....
Posted by: France

Re: What Do You Listen To? - 08/28/06 01:00 PM

I LOVE El Canto del Loco, La oreja de van gogh and Julieta Venegas...also, Chambao is very loungy and sensual....and Beatriz Luengo is quite in at the moment.....Amaral is big and so is Estopa! So many, so many!!
Posted by: Gretchen6

Re: What Do You Listen To? - 08/30/06 11:13 PM

Bill,

I have been listening to a lot Ketama (a group that I have always liked). I also am enjoying Chambao (a recent buy due to this website). Mostly, I enjoy the modern Flamenco style of music. In my younger days however (many many years ago), I listened to all kinds of pop Spanish music like Mecano, Golpes Bajos, Radio Futura, Alaska, Paco Ortega E Isabel Montero, Monica Naranjo, and Anggun (who isn't Spanish but seemed popular in Spain at the time). I wonder if half of these groups are still around! Maybe they will make some comebacks just like the Rolling Stones smile
Posted by: La Profa

Re: What Do You Listen To? - 08/31/06 12:08 AM

You can't go wrong with: Antonio Orozco, El Sueño de Morfeo, Bebe, Alex Ubago, Andy y Lucas, Alejandro Sanz and Café Quijano. clap

And then of course there is David Bisbal...Normally, I like him, but I do not like his new video of "Quién me iba a decir". (The crucifixion part is rather tasteless and tacky) :yuck:

Not Spaniards but legends in Spanish music: Shakira, Juanes, and Maná are also great. cool

I've never heard of Chambao, but It sounds like I should check them out! smile
Posted by: caminante

Re: What Do You Listen To? - 09/01/06 10:05 AM

Silvio Rodriguez from Cuba is the best cantautor (singer-songwriter), even better than Ismael Serrano.

Celtas Cortos is a Spanish celtic rock band - an incredible band in any language

More Spanish cantautores:

Paco Bello / Doctor Grillo
Antonio de Pinto
Tontxu

There is also alot of great spanish music from the 80's.
Posted by: pedmar

Re: What Do You Listen To? - 09/02/06 12:02 PM

try Raul Paz, alejandro Sanz, Merche Trujillo, Shara y Niko, edurne, amaral, La oreja de van gogh.
Estopa.
muchos otros pero estos me vienen a la mente rapidamente como los mejores.
Posted by: Bill from NYC

Re: What Do You Listen To? - 09/02/06 09:21 PM

Thanks all and keep it coming! thumbsup

This s very good information for someone that does not live in Spain!

Bill
Posted by: Mongo

Re: What Do You Listen To? - 09/03/06 12:28 AM

M-Clan-Sin Enchufe, Los Secretos-a tu lado (Un Homenaje a Enrique Urquillo) and Rocio Jurado-Serie Platino.

Sorry, I'm old!