For those who really want to learn...

Posted by: Anonymous

For those who really want to learn... - 02/01/04 05:52 AM

about the so often debated (in this forum) situation in the Basque Country, here is a link about a film that YOU cannot miss: "La pelota vasca"

As you can see, there's a small group of PP fans trying to boycott freedom of expression, with a massive media coverture.

The link (only in spanish).

I highly recommend this film. It's got testimonies of both sides, ex-terrorists and victims, basque nationalists and spanish nationalists.
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: For those who really want to learn... - 02/01/04 08:46 AM

I'll try to see it on DVD when I'm in Spain. And I reserve the right to possibly consider this movie "art" or "trash" or "fact" as I decide it to be. Fair enough? smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: For those who really want to learn... - 02/01/04 10:18 AM

Isn't it the right any of us have on a any film? wink

But calling trash this film... Wow. And without even seeing it! Nobody in Spain complained about it's quality. Only the extreme rightists on the contents. By the way, it was nominated to Goya prizes (a quality sign). Did not win, however. Had cool the political pressure any influence?
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: For those who really want to learn... - 02/01/04 12:58 PM

Don't worry, as I said above, I will decide if it's "art" or "trash" or "fact" ONLY AFTER I see it and not before. It wouldn't be fair to make this judgement BEFORE seeing this movie or any other. Besides, I don't believe everything I see, read, hear in the media.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: For those who really want to learn... - 02/02/04 04:43 AM

A review of the intent of censorship by ...ademy (spanish)