Ismael Serrano otra vez

Posted by: josie

Ismael Serrano otra vez - 06/16/03 03:40 PM

Ooh, ooh, a new Ismael Serrano CD appears to be in the works! See for yourselves at
http://www.ismaelserrano.com/informacion/noticias.htm

Seeing Ismael in concert last year in Madrid was one of the highlights of my visit. I bought all 4 of his CDs, and still play them frequently. In fact, I'm still learning the words to the songs! Every now and then when I'm listening, I realize that I understand a word or phrase in a song that I didn't before, which is an incentive (as if I needed one!) to keep on listening.
Ok, new CD? Gotta have it--I'd better start thinking about my next Madrid visit! laugh
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: Ismael Serrano otra vez - 06/16/03 07:42 PM

I see that it's a LIVE recording. I don't doubt the LIVE quality is high but we'll see. I'll DEFINITELY get it since I already have AND LOVE his previous 3. How LUCKY you were to have seen him, Josie. I'm envious!!!! He's my ALL TIME FAVORITE Spanish singer. ALL TIME I tell you!! laugh

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Ismael Serrano otra vez - 02/07/06 09:33 PM

VIVA LA MUSICA! thumbsup

MadridMan and all Serrano's fans in Madrid,I sure hope that you already got your tickets for the upcoming concert at the Palacio de los Congresos on March 10.It will be his last one in Madrid for a while as he is almost done with his current tour. cool

Serrano has been in the news lately.He was invited to sing at the closing ceremony for the campaign of Chilean Presidential candidate Michele Bachelet and along with him went Ana Belen,Victor Manuel and Miguel Bose.They brought in good luck for her because she won the elections.

Kilometro cero,
respiro en el centro de la ciudad
el alma que se pierde al escapar
Kilometro cero... smile

Re: Ismael Serrano otra vez - 02/08/06 12:31 AM

Ah, man!!! rolleyes I hadn't known about the tour dates and now, maybe, these tickets are sold out for Madrid. ARGH!!!! mad I'd LOVVVVVVE to go! He's still my favorite Spanish singer. And it just figures that I'll be out of the house most of today and won't be able to see about getting tickets. If only you could've posted this information one day earlier. Oh well. That's the way it goes.

It already says:

Quote:
Día: 10 de marzo de 2006
Ciudad/provincia/país: Madrid / Madrid / España
Lugar / Hora: Palacio de Congresos de Madrid (Paseo de la Castellana) / 21.30 horas
Más información: Concierto acústico en Madrid como cierre de gira. Sólo habrá una única fecha. Venta de entradas en Tick Tack Ticket: 179 tiendas por toda España, teléfono 902 15 00 25 e Internet en www.ticktackticket.com. ENTRADAS AGOTADAS
I see he's playing all around the Province of Barcelona in the next week starting Friday but, of course, I'M CERTAIN those concerts are sold out too. rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan :yuck: ARGH!!!

Re: Ismael Serrano otra vez - 02/08/06 02:52 AM

Sorry about that MM,I only found out about this concert a few days ago.I was on Miguel Bose's website to see what he was up to and they mentioned that both Serrano and Bose had been down in Chile in mid January.Then I went to Serrano's website to listen to some tunes and found out that he had one more date left in Madrid on his current tour. I just revisited Serrano's web and they mentioned that tickets had been on sale since late December.So they probably sold very quickly.

Well if you can't make it to this one,I'm sure there will be others in the future.You are in Madrid for GOOD now so you will get more opportunities. smile

Re: Ismael Serrano otra vez - 02/08/06 02:22 PM

El Marques de Concha Espina, I might have to try to SNEAK over to one of the smaller cities JUST to catch his concert. That's be a nice excursion, taking the train or bussing to some city I've never been just to catch the concert and spend the night. Hmmm... I might just try that!!!!!!!!! thumbsup

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Ismael Serrano otra vez - 02/08/06 04:08 PM

February 23 in Tarragona City! I'M GOING TO SEE ISMAEL SERRANO!! Just bought my single ticket (21.10 Euros) to the concert and reserved a room very near the Roman Forum ruins, just a few blocks from Tarragona City's Teatre Metropol where that concert takes place.

Oooooooh. Talk about spontaneous decisions! (or impulsive) :jump: clap

OVER THE MOOOOON!!, MadridMan laugh

Re: Ismael Serrano otra vez - 02/08/06 10:21 PM

Wow,that's great news MM! clap Bravo!
Glad to know that you were able to get tickets for the TARRAGONA concert.Between the trip and the concert it should be a fantastic experience for you.I know he's your favorite and you will be thrilled to see him perform live.
He's good.He sings and plays the guitar at the same time and that's awsome.I've heard him on the radio and his voice is almost identical to Joan Manuel Serrat.I think that if I heard both sing at the same time it would be hard for me to tell who's who. thumbsup
Posted by: jabch

Re: Ismael Serrano otra vez - 02/15/06 05:01 PM

I have never listened to this guy. If I want to buy one of his CDs, what would be a good start?

Re: Ismael Serrano otra vez - 02/15/06 05:29 PM

Any of them are good but you might start with "LOS PARAÍSOS DESIERTOS" which has the song "Km.0".

I didn't even realize he had a NEW CD which was released last year, called "NAVES ARDIENDO MÁS ALLÁ DE ORIÓN". Has anyone else listed to this one? Do you like it?

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Ismael Serrano otra vez - 02/22/06 05:34 PM

Woo Hoo!! I leave from Madrid for Tarragona EARLY tomorrow morning (Thursday) by train the concert Thursday night. Can't wait! I'll be sure to give you all my experiences upon returning. cloud9

Saludos, MadridMan :hdspin:

Re: Ismael Serrano otra vez - 02/23/06 07:32 PM

GREAT concert by Ismael Serrano in Tarragona tonight - I JUST returned to the hotel after 2 encores and nearly 2.5 hours of wonderful music.

I was seated on the floor in the 12th row (of 14) and there was one (if not two) balconies above. I felt so close! It was just Ismael playing his guitar while singing along with guitar support by "Freddie" - who was expert.

Ismael started the concert playing about 5 of his songs from his latest CD so I wasn´t familiar with them but then started playing all those which which I AM familiar so that was wonderful. He played a number of songs mentioning Madrid so he didn´t shy away from the whole Madrid versus Catalunya conflict BUT he did NOT play Km.0 to my great disappointment but with no surprise. I´m SURE he´ll be playing/singing that one at his NEXT concert, sold out, in that HUGE venue (Palacio de los Congresos? - where they had the Goya Awards) in Madrid next month.

I found it wildly ironic that I´d just trained in from Madrid, was listening to my beloved favorite singer who´s from Madrid (Vallekas), singing some songs about Madrid, I´m MadridMan, and I´m IN Tarragona, CATALUNYA. MMMmmm! Okay, so it´s light on irony. wink

There were a couple (or four) songs that brought a tear to my eye, such sentimental songs, such emotion in his voice, and I was there listening and watching him LIVE. Man. It doesn´t get any better than that. Well, if it COULD´VE been better had this all taken place in MADRID in an equally small (and amazingly clean) venue as they have here in Tarragona´s Teatro Metropoli on La Rambla Nova (immediately next to a McDonald´s rolleyes ).

Hope some of you got tickets for that sold-out concert of his in Madrid - or in the future. You won´t be sorry. cloud9

Re: Ismael Serrano otra vez - 02/26/06 07:55 PM

Good to know that you had a fabulous time at the concert,MM.That sort of stuff stays in your memory for life.And,as an added bonus,you got to spend a couple of days in Tarragona,a beautiful city on the Mediterranean.

One of the things that I love about attending these live concerts is seeing how pumped up people can get.Then,at the end everybody starts yelling:"otra,otra,otra" and this is usually accompanied with a long standing ovation.As you saw this can result in one,two and even more encore appearances.Awesome!

I found out that all of Ismael's albums as well as the dvd of the film "Km 0" are available on amazon.com.I will be ordering the "Los Paraisos Desiertos" album along with the movie.This is so vintage Madrid and I must have it. smile

Re: Ismael Serrano otra vez - 02/27/06 04:58 AM

I was impressed and overjoyed that EVERYONE kept their seats the entire time, listening quietly and sometimes clapping or singing along, except for a few standing (including me!) at the end of the concert, DEMANDING an ENCORE! - which they did twice. We all sat comfortably in our cushy shairs with lots of leg-space and enjoyed the concert. While I didn't try to calculate it, I'd guess there were no more than 200 people there and the place was sold-out. Other people were taking photos during the concert so I'd wished I'd had mine but I had no more digital media - that's a story for another time when I discuss my visit to Tarragona in the other thread.

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Ismael Serrano otra vez - 03/21/06 06:53 AM

Did anyone here go to that March 10th concert in Madrid? How was it??

Saludos, MadridMan

Re: Ismael Serrano otra vez - 04/18/06 06:07 AM

The rest of this month Ismael Serrano is playing concerts in South America to end his current "Naves Ardiendo Más Allá de Orión" Tour. Anyone going to these?

Saludos, MadridMan