Late 80s Early 90s TV personalities

Posted by: CaliBasco

Late 80s Early 90s TV personalities - 02/01/02 12:10 AM

Does anyone remember these two TV faces from the last few decades?

Jesús Hermida, who did a show called "La Tertulia" or something like that where he sat around and had a tertulia with a bunch of famous people...he also did a variety show I think.

Isabel Gemio, from the show "3 X 4" where the contestant would have to find some bit of information with only three phone calls to help them (I don't remember all the details).

Where are these two people today? Are they still in "showbiz". Isabel Gemio was kind of cute, but Jesús was already viejo by the time I saw him...I figure he must've had a career prior that I just wasn't around for.

Any updates, MMers???
Posted by: pim

Re: Late 80s Early 90s TV personalities - 02/03/02 04:38 PM

Quick update;

They're both still around.
Not so much Jesus Hermida, he basically appears at what we called 'galas' or special programms on a TVchannel called Antena3.
Isabel Gemio still has their own tv shows once in a while, on both national and local stations. Some have been successes and some have failed. She was all over the press just last week because she declared she was to divorce her young Cuban husband. confused
Posted by: Wolf

Re: Late 80s Early 90s TV personalities - 02/03/02 08:38 PM

Cali, Pim,

Forget it the darned link don't work!

Wolf

[ 02-03-2002: Message edited by: Wolf ]
Posted by: CaliBasco

Re: Late 80s Early 90s TV personalities - 02/07/02 05:23 PM

I actually searched Google for Isabel and Jesus, and it looks like Isabel's career is better off than Jesus'. Probably 'cuz she's better looking...digo yo.

Anyone know about Martes y Trece?
Posted by: Antonio

Re: Late 80s Early 90s TV personalities - 02/08/02 04:54 PM

I found some information about their careers and it seems that Isabel Gemio has just been a presenter for all her professional life whereas Jesús Hermida has been working in some posts of responsability currently being the "director adjunto" (co-director) of Antena 3 TV.

As Pim said, you can only see him sometimes in TV shows, but he is regarded as a great jourlanist and professional.

Obviously, I agree with Calibasco. Isabel Gemio is better looking and younger.

As for the comedians "Martes y Trece", they decided to end up their career and started their own projects several years ago.