is anyone watching the mole?

Posted by: MATADOR

is anyone watching the mole? - 02/14/01 02:06 PM

there are afew more weeks left of this show. It was filmed mostly in Spain(the southern part). Though I have not been south to Southern Spain, the next time I go I definitely want to visit that area.
P.S. I think Jim is the mole (for those of you who are watching).
Posted by: Jaime

Re: is anyone watching the mole? - 02/16/01 10:39 AM

The show is kinda stupid but my husband is really into it. My favorite part is looking at all the Spain scenery. I've also been thinking with all these ridiculous challenges being in the right out in the streets of small towns that the spanish will be really sure that americans are idiots.

I think Jim is the mole too...
Posted by: MadridMan

Re: is anyone watching the mole? - 02/16/01 10:51 AM

Okay. I'll be the one to ask. What the heck is The Mole?? Please explain. Thanks!!
Posted by: Anchovy Front

Re: is anyone watching the mole? - 02/16/01 11:07 AM

Oh, MadridMan, shame on you!! Fancy not knowing who or what the Mole is!! I'm surprised at you!

Er...........I think I'll let someone else explain!! (I think it was the little short sighted fellow with the long nose and the velvety outfit)
Posted by: Jen

Re: is anyone watching the mole? - 02/16/01 11:26 AM

I keep forgetting to watch it, then when I remember, it's too late!! MM, it's one of the latest "reality based" tv shows where there is a group of people performing various challenges and one of the group members is the "mole" . Maybe someone, like Matador, better explain, since I haven't even seen it! Either way, a lot of it has been filmed in Southern Spain, so thaT'S why I wanted to watch it.
Jen

Re: is anyone watching the mole? - 02/16/01 08:30 PM

The Mole is a reality based show kind of along the same lines of Survivor except that the contestants get to have lavish meals and accomodations in France and Spain rather than rice and worms. The "Mole" is the sabateur of the group and nobody knows for sure who he/she is. The mole's job is to screw up the group's money challenges and trip in general etc...without being found out. At the end of each show the group has to vote on who they think the mole is. The contestant that answers with the least correct answers about the mole's identity gets kicked out. Its pretty stupid but the scenes of southern spanish street life do it for me. The end
Posted by: Kurt

Re: is anyone watching the mole? - 02/16/01 09:37 PM

I wish I'd known it was filmed in the South of Spain, I'd watch just for the scenery. As it is I've not seen a minute of it! Spending too much time watching my "reality-based" life, I guess.
Posted by: sheba

Re: is anyone watching the mole? - 02/20/01 12:18 AM

Ahhh, Kurt. I laughed so hard, I cried. Thanks for the laugh of my week.
Posted by: carolina

Re: is anyone watching the mole? - 02/20/01 03:08 PM

The Mole is Steven

Re: is anyone watching the mole? - 02/21/01 11:10 AM

[originally posted by MATADOR on 02-20-01...]

This is a great show with only three episodes left. Practically all of it is set in the Southern part of Spain. Everytime I see this show I feel like getting on a plane and going to Spain. For those of you who are watching the show I believe Jim is the mole.

Re: is anyone watching the mole? - 02/21/01 11:13 AM

HEY! I caught The Mole for the first time on TV last night! Until that time I thought it was a "Made FOR Spain ONLY" TV show, but now I understand that it's made for the USA (and maybe Canada).

Last night they were in Ronda, if my memory serves me well. Great scenery, but I didn't enjoy the show too much, or at least about as much as I enjoy all those other "reality based" shows.

Saludos, MadridMan
Posted by: kk49827

Re: is anyone watching the mole? - 02/21/01 11:39 AM

Yes, they were in Ronda last night. I thought it was great.I read that The Mole is the "thinking man's Survivor"
I do have to wonder what the Spaniards think about what these Americans are doing there.
I'm not sure where they have been becuase I have been unable to see all the shows. It looks like the end of it is in a bullring, not sure where.
Posted by: Nicole

Re: is anyone watching the mole? - 02/21/01 05:14 PM

After I learned [through this board] that it was filmed in SOuthern Spain, I tuned in last night.

I actually kind of enjoyed it, but I think it is because it appeals to the former Agatha Christie fan in me. I don't totally understand it though. How do you know if the mole hasn't already been kicked off? I don't know...

Re: is anyone watching the mole? - 02/22/01 01:15 AM

Hi Nicole, the mole can't get kicked off. They never reveal what the players select as their guess for the mole and the guy that runs the show just lets them know who got the least correct answers in respect to the mole's identity and kicks that person off the show.

Re: is anyone watching the mole? - 02/22/01 04:56 PM

Ah hah...

thank you Jaime!

Re: is anyone watching the mole? - 03/07/01 06:02 PM

Any updates? I have class on the night the show is on. Who did the mole turn out to be?

Re: is anyone watching the mole? - 03/08/01 03:39 PM

Hey Nicole, the mole turned out to be Katherine. I only got to watch the final few minutes of the last episode where they showed footage of how she sabotaged the challenges. The young cop or FBI guy won.